I just got my black housing on two days ago. I also have the atomic ball in it! It looks amazing. I'm taking my old ball and I'm dying it red. So I might be getting rid of my atomic ball if I like the dyed one. I'll have to post pics, it's pretty slick (can you tell I'm obsessed? lol)
    01-09-09 10:29 PM
    Paramore, that's pretty slick indeed. Is the housing a rubberized surface; like the sides? Or is it just flat-black plastic?
    Last edited by ncastoro; 01-10-09 at 01:01 AM.
    01-10-09 12:44 AM
    I just got my black housing on two days ago. I also have the atomic ball in it! It looks amazing. I'm taking my old ball and I'm dying it red. So I might be getting rid of my atomic ball if I like the dyed one. I'll have to post pics, it's pretty slick (can you tell I'm obsessed? lol)
    Red Trackball would look ridiculously nice, This pic is my brand new Titanium no logo case w/ Phantom Skinz applied and red dyed trackball.

Lights off!

Last edited by azboricua; 01-10-09 at 01:07 AM.
    01-10-09 12:58 AM
    Very NICE!!! My 8310 needs an update! Might have to check this out!!!
    01-10-09 01:08 AM
    I received my all black housing and black trackball from eBay this afternoon. The seller ships from Hong Kong.

Just finished the install. It looks really great, but there are a few things that I've noticed:

1) There is no plastic piece between the lens and LED (mentioned earlier in this thread).

2) There is no foam seal around the back of the display window to seal the internal LCD screen from dust.

3) There is no fine mesh screen in the earpiece opening, which would also prevent dust and such from entering the case from that opening as well.

After I put everything back together, I noticed that there is a speck of dust on the inside surface of the outer lens. As you can see from my sig it will bug the **** out of me.
    01-10-09 01:14 AM
    I received my all black housing and black trackball from eBay this afternoon. The seller ships from Hong Kong.

Just finished the install. It looks really great, but there are a few things that I've noticed:

1) There is no plastic piece between the lens and LED (mentioned earlier in this thread).

2) There is no foam seal around the back of the display window to seal the internal LCD screen from dust.

3) There is no fine mesh screen in the earpiece opening, which would also prevent dust and such from entering the case from that opening as well.

After I put everything back together, I noticed that there is a speck of dust on the inside surface of the outer lens. As you can see from my sig it will bug the **** out of me.
    Happened to me on my install, I was going nuts. So i gave in, took it all apart again, for one speck of dust. I know, silly.
    01-10-09 01:18 AM
    I've noticed everything you've mentioned while I was installing my red case. I've also taken it apart on pretty much a monthly basis to clean out the dust. Cans of air are your friend.

Also I recommend popping out the plastic piece for the led from your oem housing. Without this piece in place, the led is not nearly as bright.
    01-10-09 01:24 AM
    Seems like forever doesn't it...

It will be worth the wait...

It was for me anyway...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    My new Black housing made it here early from China and because it's not due for delivery, it's sitting at the local distribution center!

Jan 10, 2009 7:41 AM

At local FedEx facility

XXXXXXX, WI

Package not due for delivery

I'm gonna have to take a drive over there....Jeez!
    01-10-09 08:23 AM
    My new Black housing made it here early from China and because it's not due for delivery, it's sitting at the local distribution center!

Jan 10, 2009 7:41 AM

At local FedEx facility

XXXXXXX, WI

Package not due for delivery

I'm gonna have to take a drive over there....Jeez!
    Lol...too funny...

Not the having to wait thing but driving over there...

I have actually done that myself...

Good luck!...

01-10-09 08:28 AM
    Lol...too funny...

Not the having to wait thing but driving over there...

I have actually done that myself...

Good luck!...

I know! Crack. Just like crack...

Luckily it's only about three miles down the road. Which is exactly why I can't let it languish there until Tuesday, the scheduled delivery day!

Plus, they WILL deliver when there is no one home to sign for it, here or at the neighbor's house, then I'll have to sign the door card and wait another day while my housing rides around in a big white truck.... God, I love UPS.
    01-10-09 08:34 AM
    I know! Crack. Just like crack...

Luckily it's only about three miles down the road. Which is exactly why I can't let it languish there until Tuesday, the scheduled delivery day!

Plus, they WILL deliver when there is no one home to sign for it, here or at the neighbor's house, then I'll have to sign the door card and wait another day while my housing rides around in a big white truck.... God, I love UPS.
    Yep...just like crack...

I truly feel your pain...

Post some pix when you get it...

01-10-09 09:05 AM
    Yep...just like crack...

I truly feel your pain...

Post some pix when you get it...

Still waiting for the black trackball from truesupplier. Looks like cnn.cn wins the race from China, but I will after it's complete!
    01-10-09 09:11 AM
    Pics with full black housing and black trackball. Note, this black trackball does not have a white colored ring around the ball.

The phone has a black skin on it in the last pic.

01-10-09 02:34 PM
    Nice, looks awesome, welcome to the club

Pics with full black housing and black trackball. Note, this black trackball does not have a white colored ring around the ball.

01-10-09 02:37 PM
    Wow! ^ That looks so good!
    Great job!
    01-10-09 02:37 PM
    Looks great! From cnn.cn, right?

How's the fit and finish?
    01-10-09 02:38 PM

Sweet!...

Lookin good...

And as yester18 said...welcome to the club...lol
    01-10-09 02:42 PM
    Looks great! From cnn.cn, right?

How's the fit and finish?
    Nope, got it on eBay, seller is gsm4world, ships out of Hong Kong. Took only 2 days from HK to Honolulu, delivered in 3.

Fit and finish is good, but see my comments on post #180 regarding these housings vs. OEM.
    Last edited by dvdfan2k; 01-10-09 at 03:11 PM.
    01-10-09 02:43 PM
    Thanks for all the props guys.

Now I'm thinking of dyeing my OEM white trackball green.
    Hopefully I can get it just right so it remains translucent enough to pass light through the ball.

I'll post pics if I ever get it done.
    01-10-09 02:51 PM
    I'm glad yours worked out great!

I ordered the full pink housing from GSM4World and it didn't fit well at all. The faceplate almost seemed warped. It didn't fit flush to the siderails.

Luckily he's sending me a new one for free.
    01-10-09 04:47 PM
    Got the black housing. Still waiting for the black trackball...

And I'm still going to do the housing switcheroo, but I see a piece of white tape over one of the housing screws. Must be a tamper seal.

I suppose that will void the last 9 months of my warranty???
    01-12-09 08:43 PM
    Hey, tried searching this cause I didn't want to repeat anything but nothing came up in the search so here goes...

I just ordered a custom painted black metallic housing from berryware.ca

Can't wait to get it. Should be here by Thursday the latest. It comes with all the pieces including a new keypad and the tools to dismantle the current housing for around $70 which I didn't think was too bad. Of course, I'm waiting patiently for the curve 8900 to hit VZW but until then I decided to soup up my current curve.

I'll try to post pics when I get it all together.

Has anyone ordered a housing from them? Any feedback?
    01-12-09 09:32 PM
    I see a piece of white tape over one of the housing screws. Must be a tamper seal.

I suppose that will void the last 9 months of my warranty???
    Theoretically, yes, but I just used the tip of a small knife to lift the edge up and grabbed it with a tweezer. Put down on the edge of my desk and reapplied it after the case was back together.

I don't know why I even bothered as I bought the phone used. I guess my sig. says it all.
    01-12-09 09:39 PM
    Anyone with the white housings got pics yet?
    01-13-09 10:13 AM
    Mine should be coming in this week sometime. Pics and new thread to come thereafter.

01-13-09 10:15 AM
350 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD