I have a Verizon 8330, and it just updated itself the other night. I'm running the 5.0.0.508 version now, and when I went to press my left soft key, which is my lock, nothing happened. So I went to "Show All"and I no longer have a lock at all. I searched for it, I opened all the folders, and it just disappeared. I would think it was just my phone, but my friend, who got her phone the same day as I did, updated hers, and her lock icon is gone from her phone, too. I've been locking by holding down the A key, but that's a pain. Does anyone know what I can do to get it back?
    03-27-10 11:58 AM
    Go to options/screen keyboard and assign your convenience keys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-10 12:14 PM
    I have a Verizon 8330, and it just updated itself the other night. I'm running the 5.0.0.508 version now, and when I went to press my left soft key, which is my lock, nothing happened. So I went to "Show All"and I no longer have a lock at all. I searched for it, I opened all the folders, and it just disappeared. I would think it was just my phone, but my friend, who got her phone the same day as I did, updated hers, and her lock icon is gone from her phone, too. I've been locking by holding down the A key, but that's a pain. Does anyone know what I can do to get it back?
    This is a change in the latest OS update. You only have two choices:

1.) Downgrade to the old software;
    2.) Set a password and the lock phone icon will reappear, but you will need to enter a password each time;
    03-27-10 12:33 PM
    I did that. The thing is, the lock option is entirely gone from my phone. It doesn't exist under options. It isn't there under Show All. I no longer have a lock, so I guess what I'm asking is, how can I go about getting that option back? Again, it's gone from my phone, so I don't know how to go about getting it back.
    03-27-10 12:37 PM
    Thanks, kwkid. That's a dumb change, I think!
    03-27-10 12:37 PM
    Did OS 5 also take away standby? If not, you can put the phone in Standby, which also locks the keyboard, by pressing the Mute key on top.
    03-27-10 12:39 PM
    ok i thought i was loosing my mind, glad to see it's not just me

my lock is gone too, you can't assign it cause it's just not there

when you press the mute button it opens up the media folder (??)

and on top of all this i had google sync so after it upgraded i had 2 of all of my contacts, i went through my phone and manually deleted one of all of them, the next day ... i had multiple contacts merged together under the wrong names, it was a disaster, spent most of yesterday fixing it

yeah this was some sucky planning on their part
    03-29-10 03:01 PM
    ok so in order to lock with the mute button you have to hold it down, i guess i can change that habit ... i hope
    03-29-10 03:17 PM
    Hey,

I have the Tour, and I also HAD this problem.

If the Curve phone design is the same as the Tour, you should have a lock and a mute button on the top of the phone.

Instead of a button option in the phone menus, press the physical button (top of the phone on the left side). This is the added functionality, for the Tour at least. The screen should go dark, and it will be locked. To unlock it, simply press the button again.

I hope this helps YOUR problem.

Adrian
    04-01-10 08:38 AM
    This is very upsetting and I really want the lock button back. The mute button is too hard to push and hold every time I want to lock my phone and I also do not like have to hold any buttons to lock it. :/
    I, personally, wouldn't mind downgrading but I don't know how.
    06-29-10 12:57 AM
    Depending on the 5.0 OS You can press and hold A. If A only puts your phone in standby then Just press ALT + Enter and it will lock.
    06-29-10 09:07 AM
    Depending on the 5.0 OS You can press and hold A. If A only puts your phone in standby then Just press ALT + Enter and it will lock.
    Go to BBTweaks.com for the latest version, 438.9.1, the Lock icon is back in that update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD