@bloodlinebb - A word of advice: Don't be an a$$ to Exelant!
    Was that a joke .. You know "a$$".. "buttface" ... cause that's funny

if not...

ok.. either way.. i have no answer to that..

anyways..

aristile .. my phone .. if you flip it over.. it says clearly "3g"..

Highlights
    Sprint Speed - CDMA/EVDO data speeds
    Sprint Software Store with Sprint TV, Sprint Music Store, Sprint Pocket Express, 1 GB microSD Card
    Key Features
    3G speeds where available

let me clear something up.. yes the 8900 is waaaay better then my phone..
    the browser is bad a$$

i actually want it! my girl is tight with hers! she doesn't let me fiddle with it too long!
    06-18-09 01:30 AM
    They can print whatever they want on your phone but it is NOT 3G. It is EVDO.
    06-18-09 10:38 AM
    The 8330 blows the doors off the 8900.
    Wait are we saying that the 8330 is better than the 8900? Does that even make sense??
    06-18-09 01:57 PM
    That is it... I am trading my 8900 for an 8300.....
    06-18-09 02:02 PM
    2G GSM = EDGE
    2G CDMA = 1xRTT

3G GSM = UMTS/HSDPA
    3G CDMA = EVDO/EVDO Rev. A

4G = LTE/Wi-Max

There really is no comparison between EVDO and Edge. Both under perfect conditions EVDO would win every time.
    06-18-09 02:12 PM
    Im right behind ya Clint. Down with the 8900!!!
    06-18-09 02:14 PM
    ^^rofl good stuff
    08-15-09 09:47 AM
    3G and EVDO are the EXACT SAME THING.

Educate thy self:

What is EVDO?

The answer is mobile broadband! EVDO, or Evolution Data Only/Evolution Data Optimized, is a 3G mobile broadband technology used by Verizon, Sprint, and Alltel.

What is EVDO? : EVDOinfo.com
    Ok Sue smarty pants, by the same token EDGE is also 3G. Are you happy now? How about you educate thy self instead and understand the conversation that was going on instead of picking out quotes and poking fun.

Maybe it was a bad choice of wording on my part but what I was trying to convey is that the EVDO is in fact EVolution DATA ONLY (stress on the data only part). This means that it will get the 3G download speeds but is missing the other part of 3G for simultaneous calls and data and this has been my point the entire time. EVDO is only partial 3G, the same way that EDGE is only partial 3G in a different way.
    08-15-09 11:40 AM
    8900 slaps the crap out of your 8330 anyday.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 12:36 PM
    Over all the 8900 is a better device, everyone knows that but yes its Edge so a cdma curve 8330 in ideal conditions would have faster browsing. But what about on a wifi connection, oh wait the 8330 can't do wifi.

08-15-09 12:44 PM
    Over all the 8900 is a better device, everyone knows that but yes its Edge so a cdma curve 8330 in ideal conditions would have faster browsing. But what about on a wifi connection, oh wait the 8330 can't do wifi.

lmao.....ahaha awesome ..."oh wait"....classic

Can I politely add this in defense of aristile.....sue wants you to believe that this article speaks to mobile evices such as BB's....this article was targeted at the below....when in fact speed is limited by the device just as computers are....this article speaks to EVDO possibilities in a perfect situation.....and no matter how you cut that cake theres only one tunnel available

Voice
    or
    Data......pick you poison

the 8900 will win every time if given a fair race

an apparently overlooked excerpt from that article

"An EVDO modem (often referred to as an "aircard") receives the signal and allows you to connect to the internet - it's as simple as that! EVDO modems come in several formats: USB dongle, ExpressCard, and PCMCIA card and you can use them either directly in your computer OR in a 3G router."
    08-15-09 01:48 PM
    08-15-09 01:53 PM
    to be honest with you, i dont really see the whole 3g thing between verizon and sprint it's all an ilusion. it's all EVDO i think...
    08-15-09 01:57 PM
    to be honest with you, i dont really see the whole 3g thing between verizon and sprint it's all an ilusion. it's all EVDO i think...
    I think your right....to be honest my biggest pro with GSM is the voice/data ability and I just love having a sim card so I can easily jump from device to device
    08-15-09 02:03 PM
    2G GSM = EDGE
    2G CDMA = 1xRTT

3G GSM = UMTS/HSDPA
    3G CDMA = EVDO/EVDO Rev. A

4G = LTE/Wi-Max

There really is no comparison between EVDO and Edge. Both under perfect conditions EVDO would win every time.
    I's sorry but im sick of people calling EDGE 2G like an "iphone 2G"

Its 2.5G give it some credit, its come along way from <100kbps
    08-15-09 05:38 PM
    I's sorry but im sick of people calling EDGE 2G like an "iphone 2G"

Its 2.5G give it some credit, its come along way from <100kbps
    Actually its considered 2.75G and is part of the 3G spectrum.
    08-15-09 06:08 PM
    ya I forgot the 7 lol but still the fact of the matter is everyone calls edge 2G when its actually 2.75 at its highest class
    08-15-09 06:13 PM
    Actually its considered 2.75G and is part of the 3G spectrum.
    It is but I'd lump it in with EV-DO in that it's not "true 3G". EV-DV is "true 3G". But EDGE isn't faster than UMTS so it's 2.75G to me. I consider true 3G to be able to do simultaneous voice and data.

EV-DO is pretty useless to me because it uses 1X for voice and I can't do simultaneous voice and data. As for 8330 vs. 8900 I would take the 8900. It's a superior device in every way except for data speeds but not many users would be able to take full advantage of EV-DO.
    08-15-09 06:24 PM
    It is but I'd lump it in with EV-DO in that it's not "true 3G". EV-DV is "true 3G". But EDGE isn't faster than UMTS so it's 2.75G to me. I consider true 3G to be able to do simultaneous voice and data.

EV-DO is pretty useless to me because it uses 1X for voice and I can't do simultaneous voice and data. As for 8330 vs. 8900 I would take the 8900. It's a superior device in every way except for data speeds but not many users would be able to take full advantage of EV-DO.
    Yes, I agree with you here for sure. EDGE and EVDO are both as much 3G as each other and neither can do the simultaneous voice and data. The main advantage of 3G is not realized with either technology.
    08-15-09 06:29 PM
    Yes, I agree with you here for sure. EDGE and EVDO are both as much 3G as each other and neither can do the simultaneous voice and data. The main advantage of 3G is not realized with either technology.
    I see the light lord......lmao....2.75.is exactly right.....dot you dare try to tell a vzw rep that though...they will go haywire
    08-15-09 09:42 PM
    ...whys that? lol
    08-15-09 09:50 PM
    The 8330 with iPhone Emulation is the device to beat.

08-15-09 10:17 PM
    Word up....I'm trading my 8900 for a star tac with an apple stenciled on the case

08-15-09 10:40 PM
    The prob here is tmo is gprs only in my area, sprint, att and vzw/alltel have 3g speeds here. I would have stayed for at least EDGE speeds. Also bad coverage in places I frequent.

08-15-09 10:40 PM
    idk why an older curve would beat the 8900 because the cpu is something like 200mhz slower
    08-16-09 09:47 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD