Hi all,

This is my first post and first time user of Blackberry. I got the 8900.. and for the past 2 weeks of using it, it worked great.. until now. AFter i finished a phone call, the javelin froze and threw me this Uncaught Exception: net.rim.device.api.system.ObjectGroupReadOnlyExcep tion. Has anyone encountered this before? Is it a critical error? When i pull the battery and restart the BB, it worked fine..
    03-18-09 03:44 AM
    First, Welcome!!!

Lots of unknowns in your question... what OS are you running? Also, how long has your 8900 been up and running since the last batter pull before this happened? Are you closing all of your applications after you use them? Finally, have you loaded any new applications, or themes lately?

I'm not sure if I can answer your question even if I have the answers to all of these questions, but it might help someone else who has seen the same type of thing.

If you get an error once it might not be too concerning, but if you keep seeing it over and over again, I would be concerned... it might not be the phone itself, but it could be a hardware problem if it does continue to happen.
    03-18-09 06:29 AM
    I had something similar (can't remember the exact error message) and I narrowed it down to the app 'Quickpull'. For some reason it was also affecting my browser by making it hang and not loading data. I uninstalled it and everything ran smoothly since. Like Fatboy says, are you using a different theme? Try reverting back to stock theme and uninstall 3rd party apps until you narrow it down...some of them don't play nice.
    03-18-09 09:06 AM
    thanks for the responses.

i'm running on 4.6.1.109 and using the default theme

3rd party apps installed:
    facebook
    bank of america
    cnn
    google
    opera
    gmail
    google maps
    berry torch
    quick pull
    viigo

those apps that is always running in the background: none. i always make sure i close apps that i'm not using. and i rarely have it opened for an extended period of time. quickpull was ran once just because i wanted to see how good the app is.

this is happening about probably a week after my first battery pull, and it was for the same reason. i just remembered that i got the same error before and did a pull. today, i had to do it twice because the error popped again after the pull as i was hitting the Talk green button.

thanks for the input guys, i'll continue to monitor this..
    03-18-09 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD