Hi All,

A few months ago, I began my BB journey and addiction when I bought the Verizon 8330 Curve. Thank God I discovered the Crackberry Forum to help me through some very trying times. Due to Crackberry Geniuses like Rachel [who helped me quite a bit yesterday with my PeekAWho issues], the journey has become friendlier and much more informative.

Now I would like to give back a little bit for those Crackberries considering the Zagg Invisishield for the Curve.

First, let me say that I tend to be a little bit on the clumsy side, so some "protection" for my Curve is a must. After trying out a few different cases, I settled on the Blackberry leather holster with the magnetic clip. I find that this suites me the best and looks good too on my belt. I can take the Curve out quickly when I need to and slip it back in just as fast.

So, I decided to research out the best protection for the Curve while using the holster. The answer was the Zagg Invisibleshield. After reading about the pros and cons [mostly pros after install but cons to install], I decided to take the plunge and give it a try.

See, I can afford to be brave because my wife has the hands of a surgeon and I begged her to help me with this project [it's more like I helped her].
    Well, the kit came in about a week with free shipping and last night we decided to tackle the project.

It was actually fun doing it together, almost like a puzzle. Of course, she thought that I was crazy buying something like this for a "cell phone" and expecting her to spend an hour of her evening working on this. But we did it and it went very well.

The proper preparation is key. Watch the Zagg videos; read the directions carefully; prepare the clean workplace; get the proper lighting; and get all the tools you need to do the job at the beginning [paper towels, clean cloth, etc.].

Once you lay out the various pieces, and get started, it's really not too bad. Again, that's probably easy for me to say since my wife did most of the work [at least I admit it!]. Expect about an hour from start to finish; patience is key, and use a lot of the spray that they give you so that you can remove the pieces if you have to re-position. We actually ran out of the spray but made more using water and drop of liquid soap.

Once done, I let the newly covered Curve cure overnight. In the morning, this morning, I awoke to a bright and shiny InvisibleShield covered Curve with just about the best protection money can buy.

Now, I don't know if this will protect the phone if it falls, but it's just about the best you can get to protect against scratches and I can still use my case.

Finally, I highly recommend the Invisbleshield. It adds no bulk to the phone, has a great rubbery feel which also adds grip, and it looks great.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the install.

Happy Holidays!

Mitch
    12-12-08 03:44 PM
    MITCH!!!!!
    I thought I was the only one that would bet on these cases! I put on on my centro when I had it and have had one on my Curve since I bought it. Its funny that you guys ran out of spray because I apply them with almost no liquid at all. I second the opinion that these are the best investment for any blackberry or PDA. I will put my money where my mouth is on this one!!!!
    12-12-08 04:02 PM
    Wow! Applied with no spray! How did you ever re-position the pieces? You must be a brain surgeon with very steady hands!

Mitch
    12-12-08 04:10 PM
    You should try BSE or Phantom Skinz if you like Zagg IS. They blow IS out of the water as far as a better material. They have less orangepeel and hold up better. Well, for me anyways. Seem mr review of Phantom Skinz in the BB acessories thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 04:22 PM
    I didn't like how the orange peel looked on my screen. I also didn't like the way my curve felt in my hand, the edges were not smooth anymore. I took mine off and returned it for a refund. My Berry is naked, I like it like that. The IS is a really great product for scratches, it's just not what I wanted on my BB.

12-12-08 05:40 PM
    Nice write up

I havnt used invisible shield, Ive got a BSE on one of my housings, (yes, one - I have many lol - I put it on my custom painted one)

I like them, for the cost, they do a good job, but Ive noticed when I use the housing with the BSE on it, when I put it in my cradle at night, I have to kinda *jiggle* it in there for the connectors to catch for the charge, but for 8 bucks, a very good job.
    12-12-08 05:45 PM
    its not that im a surgeon its that i work for sprint and we endorse the cases so Ive gotten extremely good at applying the cases. as for the other cases I havent used them yet, but if i can cut them with a razor blade i wont use them. The Zagg case will not cut will a razor blade ive tried many many times.
    12-12-08 05:59 PM
    its not that im a surgeon its that i work for sprint and we endorse the cases so Ive gotten extremely good at applying the cases. as for the other cases I havent used them yet, but if i can cut them with a razor blade i wont use them. The Zagg case will not cut will a razor blade ive tried many many times.
    You cannot be serious. I am going to have to try to cut it with a razor blade. I have one that I won't use anyways. Maybe that is what all the orangepeel is for lol

12-12-08 06:44 PM
    i swear on everything that i holy and just in this world. i had it on my centro and tried to "trim" something and it didnt freaking cut at all!!!!!
    12-12-08 06:46 PM
    Did a search, and havent seen an answer yet, so here goes. Will my curve 8330 still fit in my seidio spring clip holster with an IS installed? Thanks
    01-20-09 01:16 PM
    ...They have less orangepeel and hold up better...

What is this "orange peel" that you and others speak of?
    01-20-09 02:10 PM
    If you know anyone in the Pittsburgh, PA area with the patience to put one on let me know. I have the shield but after reading the directions I didn't attempt to apply it.
    01-20-09 02:15 PM
    What is this "orange peel" that you and others speak of?
    It's a "texture" on the surface like that of an orange's skin hence, "orange peel".
    01-20-09 02:24 PM
    Sounds like a great product. I ordered mine late last week using the half off code. Can't wait to get it in and give it a try!

01-20-09 03:14 PM
    Moe,
    as long as u use the fluid that comes with it you should be just fine. I took the covers for the bumpers off of mine because i didnt feel that they were neccassary but its is completely your choice if you have questions feel free to PM with anything.
    01-20-09 03:51 PM
    Yay it came in the mail today! Will apply thisd evening and let everyone know how it went!

01-20-09 04:08 PM
    personally, i went BSE cuz of cost.(25 bucks for invishield....pphhht)
    totally pleased, install wasn't bad, & i tried to trim a little edge with no luck cutting this stuff at all. its great.
    01-20-09 04:09 PM
    Just did the install. It only took about 30 mins and would not have taken that long except the second piece (goes above the screen) curves over the top and kicked my ****. Just impatiently waiting for the morning so that I can play again!
    01-20-09 05:48 PM
    Does BSE cover the whole screen? I read on their site that Due to the unique finish of the black surfaces of the phone, these areas are not covered. So screen is covered(the part that you view), but the black around the screen is not?
    01-20-09 07:04 PM
    I have a seido holster and my 8330 with the full body shield fits fine.

01-20-09 07:29 PM
    I just put a InvisibleShield Total Body on my red 8330 curve, It was a breeze, just be patient with it. I dont have any orange peel appearance. It is nice and smooth.
    01-24-09 08:55 AM
    I uses the 50% code posted above. At that price I couldnt pass it up.
    01-24-09 08:56 AM
    I uses the 50% code posted above. At that price I couldnt pass it up.
    Where's the code? I must be blind. Thanks

01-24-09 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD