I have only owned my Curve for a month, before this I owned a Curve 8300. On my old phone, I use to always have the memory cleaning on. On my way home from night shifts this morning, I turned on my memory cleaning on my new phone. Once I locked my phone it went through the steps for a memory clean. After that all my phone would do is do it's restart and the red led light would flash, and it would shut off, start its self back up and do the same thing over and over again until it died completely. I've pulled the battery, left it out for about 4 hours and still nothing. Any tips to do so I could fix it would be much appreciated. Thanks
    06-30-10 02:22 AM
    I have only owned my Curve for a month, before this I owned a Curve 8300. On my old phone, I use to always have the memory cleaning on. On my way home from night shifts this morning, I turned on my memory cleaning on my new phone. Once I locked my phone it went through the steps for a memory clean. After that all my phone would do is do it's restart and the red led light would flash, and it would shut off, start its self back up and do the same thing over and over again until it died completely. I've pulled the battery, left it out for about 4 hours and still nothing. Any tips to do so I could fix it would be much appreciated. Thanks
    You could try wiping the device and reloading the latest os for the 8900. You can download that from the 8900 os sticky. Below I've also included some instructions on how to load the os if you have never done it before:

Instructions for installing new os:

Download BBSAK 1.7 here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SW96L6I5

1. Back up all important info and any 3rd party apps from device using DM (info - device settings, messages, sms, mms, contacts etc.) & *BBSAK (3rd party apps).

2. Uninstall previous os from pc (go to control panel--> add/remove program--> uninstall device software, whatever version is already installed) , then install newly downloaded os onto pc. (After installing you will be prompted to restart pc)

3. Delete vendor xml file in c: program files\ common files\ research in motion\ apploader (scroll down and find vendor xml file and delete it)

4. Run BBSAK and connect device to pc. Wipe the device completely using BBSAK.

5. Wiping device will take about 2-5mins and device will initialize and show white screen which will say reload software 507.

6. Click load os on BBSAK while phone is still connected, and follow reload or os install instructions.

7. Restore all backed up info and apps once os install is completed using DM & BBSAK.

*BBSAK will back-up all your 3rd party apps that are installed on your device before you upgrade the os. Once upgrade is done, you will use it to restore all your apps all at once instead of re-downloading them one at a time.

Entire process should take no less than an hour depending on how much you have to back up and restore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-10 09:50 PM
    it seems you or the app bricked the phone.. but what xolanir suggest will work..
    07-03-10 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD