I took a couple of pictures yesterday and it worked great till at one shot all my camera did is blank out and since then it does not do anything other than open and look like I have my finger on the lens

things I did to try and fix it :

Cleaned the lens with a soft q-tip
    took battery out so many times and every time I open camera it freeze the phone and I have to take battery out to reset

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
    mo
    05-04-09 02:41 AM
    Now the camera would stay blank and also keeps a black square on the home page ( the size of the camera preview ) and to get rid of it I have to reset the phone

I have no clue where to start with this thing help please
    05-04-09 08:21 AM
    Same thing happened to me yesterday around 3:30 pm.
    Did 2 battery pulls and everythings seems to be ok .
    This was the first time I ever had an issue with the camera.
    05-04-09 10:04 AM
    The curve seems to be having many issues with it's camera design. I personally hate it. Wish you all the best buddy.
    05-04-09 11:59 AM
    bad thing is i am in Egypt on a trip and wanted to use the phone camera for quick pictures sucks

a place can fix it but I dont trust someone opening my phone 5000 miles away from home
    05-04-09 03:54 PM
    If your BB is less than 12 mos old, take it in for a warranty replacement.
    05-04-09 03:57 PM
    The Curve's camera suffers from many known issues and neither BB nor your carrier is likely to do much to help you set it straight.

But several people have found makeshift solutions to some of the issues. You'll find some here:

xxx

Well, this site won't let me post a link until I post 10 messages, one of the strangest restrictions I've ever seen on the Internet.

Do a search on my user name and go to the thread entitled "could not start camera...."
    05-04-09 05:16 PM
    thanks all for the help
    05-04-09 07:44 PM
    I haven't had a problem with the camera other than the picture quality sucks after after having it a year. Doesn't matter if I'm indoors or out all pictures come out dark.
    05-04-09 09:17 PM
    Good that I used the search feature before posting a new thread . So my friend just bought a curve from craigslist, and he did not bother checking the camera as the OS/phone looked solid, big mistage. Now that he uses the camera, or video, it always shows a black square on the phone and what looks like a popup message behind the square, but the black square is over the message and clicking ok just closes the camera, but leaves the black square as it sends me to the homescreen/main screen with software options. This area stays on the phone even after turning the camera off. So the same issue as OP. I dont know what OS it came with, but he upgraded to 4.5 ver .110 thinking that would fix the issue since it looked to be OS related, but that did nothing. So I am here looking into what he can do to fix the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by nemo-maritime; 08-09-09 at 04:59 AM.
    08-09-09 04:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD