Finally got my housing today after a long wait. The first supplier never shipped it and had to get a refund and order from another ebay seller. Getting the original case off was a little more difficult than I thought it would be because of the glue strip around the screen to keep out dust. That sucker was strong and held on tight. Then when putting the new case on one side just wouldn't snap into place and I had to take it off again to try to get that side to snap in first. While I was doing that the keyboard decided to drop out and I didn't notice that until I got the new case all snapped into place. Off it went again to put the keyboard back where it goes. Finally got it all back together. It looks okay but I have to admit the original blackberry case did have a tighter fit; but I like the way my Berry looks better now. No more AT&T logos anywhere, including on boot (I debranded it). Not that hard to do just have to be patient and take your time and pay attention to what is going on. Let me know how you think it looks.
    Last edited by jackbox; 08-05-09 at 09:48 AM.
    08-05-09 09:35 AM
    That's pretty awesome. Where did you get the housing from?
    I've never seen that color.
    08-05-09 09:37 AM
    Very nice!!!!
    08-05-09 09:38 AM
    Dang that phone is pretty fricking sexy!
    08-05-09 09:45 AM
    sweet...I really like the blue...
    08-05-09 09:56 AM
    eBay seller called "sub_power". Just noticed they have reduced the price $2.00 since I purchased. Now they are $12.95 with free shipping. The color is called "L Blue". The regular blue is a much different shade. The green trackball I got from a website called "Deal Extreme".
    Awesome. I'll be sure to try and get a different color, so yours can be "original" lol.

I have a black trackball in my silver curve, so now I just need a contrasting housing.
    08-05-09 09:57 AM
    Would the housing fit a 8330 Verizon Curve? It doesn't mention the 8330 in the description, but from what I can tell, the Curve's are all the same size...

I've also looked at housings from other sellers, and they mention that Verizon's 8330 Curve is slightly different and some housings might not fit correctly.
    08-05-09 10:24 AM
    Would the housing fit a 8330 Verizon Curve? It doesn't mention the 8330 in the description, but from what I can tell, the Curve's are all the same size...

I've also looked at housings from other sellers, and they mention that Verizon's 8330 Curve is slightly different and some housings might not fit correctly.
    No, the 8330s use a different housing. You need to buy one made for them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD