Today my blackberry shut down when I went to youtube to watch a video.I got a black screen followed by the led light constanly on.Then I guess it resetted itself(like it would if I pulled the battery)..Ive never had it do this before.Have a couple questions

1.I do alot of surfing on mine and was wondering if I need to delete cookies like you would on a normal computer?I know these things dont get viruses like a pc does but what are some things I need to do to keep my BB running smooth?

2.How often should I do a battery pull?Ive done it one time in the 6 months ive had it.Of course it did it on its own today.

Thanks in advance!
    08-04-09 07:41 PM
    Uh, the OS probably crashed unless you dropped the phone or you were juggling it as you started watching the video.

But, you probably weren't walking, so I'm going to assume that the OS had some sort of fatal error, and rebooted itself to protect it.
    08-04-09 07:44 PM
    Uh, the OS probably crashed unless you dropped the phone or you were juggling it as you started watching the video.

But, you probably weren't walking, so I'm going to assume that the OS had some sort of fatal error, and rebooted itself to protect it.
    Thanks for the quick reply.Is this normal?Like I said this was the first time its done that.
    08-04-09 07:45 PM
    My 8330 did this once before while using Berry Tunes. I have a bad signal and was trying to stream audio, the phone locked and rebooted. It only did this once, so I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it keeps happening.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 08:10 PM
    Yea that's just a system crash, same as in computers your processor got overloaded and crashed, it happens to mine occasionally while using slacker radio in low reception, same as drag with his/her Berry Tunes, nothing to freak about, and as for your cookies go for it, it frees up memory

08-05-09 03:51 AM
    and as for your cookies go for it, it frees up memory

Ive never done this before ,can you give me instructions on how to do it?Thanks in advance!
    08-05-09 06:54 AM
    Its easy, press menu while in the browser, scroll down to options select options, select cache operations and from there its self explanatory, sorry for the late response

08-11-09 01:10 AM
    my BB does that sometimes, too. it turns back on after a few mins tho.
    08-11-09 01:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD