I bought a Blackberry 8320 Curve
    v4.2.2.171

The phone is unlocked for any GSM. The problem is that i have installed Gmail on my phone but it does not work. And i have the same problem with my windows live messenger on my phone. The only thing that work fine is the Web browser. I don't have any problem with my wifi. And when i am entering my email setup, the two options i can choose is

* I want to use a work email account with a blackberry enterprise server
    * I want to skip email setup

I don't have any blackberry enterprise server... how can i use my personal e-mail account? and get mail via mail to my blackberry when only the wifi is connected.

What can i do to make the MSN working?
    03-23-08 05:50 PM
    You don't. You would need a data plan from the way you are asking to do everything. With wifi, you're only options are to use the BB Browser to access web based services. You could check you gmail from the BB browser (or so I've heard). Most apps aren't designed yet to utilize a wifi connection. You're only option for instant messaging over wifi right now is JiveTalk, which is not free (though it is really good). So like I said, the only way you could check your email would be to access the web site via the bb browser. Push email requires that you have either an email or data plan. Same for WLM unless you use JiveTalk.
    03-23-08 05:55 PM
    Hi, thanks for the help.

The BB should work with wifi with any programs that is installed, but it doesn't. Why didn't they make it work with only the wifi . Dude i live in Norway, the blackberry curve cost like 1000$ USD and you need to pay every month for one year for the free access +++. So the only option i got is to only use the webrowser right? is there any program i can use at all, via using the wifi?
    03-23-08 06:00 PM
    Most apps do not work over wifi. The only program that will work over wifi to allow you to connect to windows live messenger is JiveTalk. Other wise your best bet is to use the BB browser.
    Last edited by sunkast; 03-23-08 at 07:39 PM.
    03-23-08 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD