My bb has started deleting contacts on its own. I will go to call someone sometimes and the number is gone. I am not positive, but I think it started after I started using the new Blackberry Desktop manager for Macs.

Has this happened to anyone else? How do I fix it?
    Thanks
    10-24-09 09:32 AM
    My bb has started deleting contacts on its own. I will go to call someone sometimes and the number is gone. I am not positive, but I think it started after I started using the new Blackberry Desktop manager for Macs.

Has this happened to anyone else? How do I fix it?
    Thanks
    are you using a 8900 or 8330?

Symptoms of contacts getting deleted is the memory is full and as such it will delete contacts. If you have it stuffed with Apps and themes or you dont ever delete texts/emails (its usually apps and themes are the main culprits) clear ones you dont use, and restore your contacts and the problem should be fixed.

If you dont have a ton of apps, check your memory and see where its at. Usually if you dont do a battery pull after awhile (from a few days to a week depending on phone and OS build) the memory leaks and when it hits 0.0 this will happen.
    10-24-09 11:43 AM
    Please go to Options, Status and read off the File Fre number and note it down.

Now open the back of the phone and remove the battery for 30 sec and put it back.

When the phone is back up again, please check Options, Status, File Free once more and then post both numbers here.
    10-24-09 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD