I have a wireless router at home (Netgear WGT624v3) and my 8900 connects to it when I come home. I've had my phone for about 3 months now and I absolutely love it. It connects to my wifi and speeds are blazing fast when browsing and downloading. UMA calling also works great.

But in the past week, I've been forced to keep wifi on my phone off, because it seems to mess up my router somehow. What happens is if I make a call while on UMA, the call dies after a few minutes and then my wireless laptop is not able to access my router either. The strange thing is that on my 2 laptops, it still shows as connected but they aren't able to actually transfer any data so nothing works. On the 8900 the UMA symbol disappears and the wifi symbol becomes greyed out. I then have to go unplug my router and replug it back in to fix the problem. This happens whenver I make a call on UMA, and more recently if I'm even downloading something on my 8900 it will after a few minutes disconnect the router.

Since the past 2 days I've turned wifi off my phone and my router has been fine. But I like having my 8900 connected via the wifi.

Has anybody had this problem or have any possible solutions.

NOTE: No settings on the 8900, laptops, or router have been changed. Everything has been working fine until very recently.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 09:44 AM
    Nothing but problems with Netgear. Search the forum, everyone with Linksys has no issues.

I'm not blaming ALL Netgears, but certainly there are patterns of issues with them that are unseen with other router mfgs.
    08-27-09 09:56 AM
    I'm not blaming ALL Netgears, but certainly there are patterns of issues with them that are unseen with other router mfgs.
    Hm, in that case, I wonder if anyone has figured out a solution if so many are having problems with netgears. However, like I said, for the first 2 months or so, there were no problems whatsoever, it's only been this past week.
    08-27-09 10:03 AM
    Yeah, that sucks that its only just now happening, see if there is a fware update for your WGT624v3.
    08-27-09 10:06 AM
    Check the UMA Guide link in my signature.

I noticed you are on wap, here's the link: http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/uma-setup-how-206217
    08-27-09 11:02 AM
    get a new router
    08-27-09 11:06 AM
    One thing to consider is: is your wireless network secured? If it isn't, someone may be accessing your network/router and causing the problems. Maybe someone is stealing your bandwidth. Maybe someone changed your settings.

If not, then check the UMA guide in my or aristile's sig.
    08-27-09 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD