bought an 8330 on ebay and it came with no manuel, battery won't hold a charge, car charger didn't work. All this makes me think the phone is probably used as well. Is there a way to tell? There wasn't any personal info stored.
    Oh and by the way be sure not to use cellular_castle on ebay.
    07-01-09 04:27 PM
    bought an 8330 on ebay and it came with no manuel, battery won't hold a charge, car charger didn't work. All this makes me think the phone is probably used as well. Is there a way to tell? There wasn't any personal info stored.
    Oh and by the way be sure not to use cellular_castle on ebay.
    Well when it was sent to you, what did it come in? And what was the sellers
    history?
    07-01-09 04:28 PM
    Did you have any problem activating the PIN on your account? I would contact the seller and let him know about the problems that you are having with it.
    07-01-09 04:34 PM
    it came a box you would expect to get from a store. the seller is a power seller with a recent (after my purchase) spike in negatives. mainly about batteries. But i paid for 2 day shipping (on sunday) later that day i got an email stating it was shipped. it was a forgery. after a few emails he shipped it on friday and i got it on monday. no problems in activation. I also researched the personal info ebay sent me and found out that the seller is 23y/o and that his account was opened when he was 15y/o.

but anyone know if there is a website or something where you can enter a code from behind the battery and see if the phone was used? ...and yea i know that would be to easy.
    Last edited by bayoumedic; 07-01-09 at 04:44 PM.
    07-01-09 04:41 PM
    it came a box you would expect to get from a store. the seller is a power seller with a recent (after my purchase) spike in negatives. mainly about batteries. But i paid for 2 day shipping (on sunday) later that day i got an email stating it was shipped. it was a forgery. after a few emails he shipped it on friday and i got it on monday. no problems in activation. I also researched the personal info ebay sent me and found out that the seller is 23y/o and that his account was opened when he was 15y/o.
    If he's a power seller get in contact with him and explain your situation. I
    don't think a power seller would risk negative feedback. I'm sure he'll listen to
    you.
    07-01-09 04:44 PM
    I had the EXACT same problem. I bought a Curve off ebay and was told it was brand new, never activated. Because of all the damage and issues with the phone I called Verizon and asked them if that particular PIN had ever been activated... They told me they could not give account names or info but they did confirm that the phone had been activated previously. You might try calling them to see if they will at least tell you yes or no. In my situation, come to find out, someone had put brand new skins on it and tried to pass it off as new. It had 3 damaged corners, poor speaker quality and lint under the screen. I filed a complaint with PayPal to cover my arse and returned the phone - was given a complete refund since it was grossly mis-represented.

Good luck!
    07-01-09 08:21 PM
    The company cellular_castle sent us items we didn�t order or useless for us, also we were missing a few. We contacted them and opened a claim with Paypal also.
    They practically didn�t answer to us. We called at least 10 times and we reached them maybe 4 times on the phone. We couldn�t reach the manager or owner Richard Pastula never contacted us for the refund. One time they answered the claim they said to send the items back for refund and we did but we didn�t receive our partial refund of $648.
    My last call was December 28/2010 and the same answer �the owner isn�t here�. We sent emails and we copied them some of the emails we sent to paypal and they didn�t care either.

We consider this is an alert because this company had done this to other that actually bought on Ebay.
    01-04-11 10:05 AM
    There is a really good way to tell if it has been used at all. It works on all (or most BBs).
    Go to Options > Status. Type in b u y r. Its like the BB's odometer. It tells you total Data Usage, and Voice Usage. If it has an IT Policy on it, the Policy's status will be displayed as well.

I hope your suspicions are unfounded. He sounds pretty flaky.

Best of luck, Ed
    01-04-11 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD