I just put about 12 gb of music on my 16gb card using media sync. When i search for certain songs, some of them are missing (after letting it scan for about 10-15 min) but when i plug my phone back into my laptop and search mass media, the songs show up. Is there something i can do to fix this? If there is a thread that answers this particular question, please point me in the right direction because i couldnt find anything searching
    09-13-09 11:22 AM
    I have seen that too, but with about 3GB of songs. For some reason they never show up in the list and I am really not sure why.

As I recall they did show up somewhere, maybe albums? I ended up creating play lists for them and I could access them that way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 11:29 AM
    There was a thread about this a while back. Some media files needed to be renamed as I recall. I have been away for a while and cannot remember just where I saw the thread.

Try renaming one of the missing files by just one byte and see if it becomes visible.
    09-13-09 11:47 AM
    yea it depends on what the names of the the music fiels are and where you will find them if they are really missing then i dont know good luck
    09-13-09 03:01 PM
    Being an avid music connoisseur I can probably be of assistance with this one. What's probably happening when you can't locate files on your BB is that your file details are missing. When you download a file the name for the file is located in 2 places. First it's in the General Info tab. This allows your computer to find the file by file name. See example below...

Based on this example the File name is "Kanye West - Tell Everybody That You Know....mp3"
    This is only for your computer to index the file, not for your media player to recognize it.

In order for your media player (Blackberry or otherwise) to recognize the name of the file you must make sure the Details tab is populated.

In the Detail view you see fields for Title, Contributing Artists, Album Artist, and Album. To make sure your music catalog is easiest to sort it's best to make sure all these fields are populated correctly, including the Track Number (#) and maybe even genre if you like to sort your music that way.

If the files aren't showing up when you attempt to play them you should make note of the names and then update the info via your computer. Once that's done you can put them back on your BB and you should be worry free.

Hope this makes sense. I have almost 1,000 songs on my BB and a couple vids too so if you have any other questions let me know and I'll do what I can to help.
    09-15-09 02:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD