How does the sound on the Curve 8310 compared to an iPod when listening to music?
    03-03-08 03:11 PM
    eh, well, it's not an iPod, of course, which is totally dedicated to delivering music. But I use my BB for music and enjoy and have never missed the iPod.

But if I had to say... It would be hard to say.
    03-03-08 03:16 PM
    With the same headphones I used with my iPod--they sound better on my Blackberry!
    03-03-08 04:06 PM
    I have over 400 songs on my BB and loading more everyweek. The sound quality is excellent. It is always hooked up to my car stereo when i'm driving. There is no need for a ipod for me.
    03-03-08 10:32 PM
    With the same headphones I used with my iPod--they sound better on my Blackberry!
    Hi,

Thought you may be able to help me out. Although my headphones work when using the phone, they don't work when listening to MP3s - the phone automatically goes into speakerphone mode, and I don't see any menu selections for routing to headphones.

Thanks,

Flashman236
    03-11-08 04:26 PM
    in ur audio player > menu > select activate handset.... try that
    03-11-08 04:46 PM
    I've listened to the same Depeche Mode album via home cinema, pc, ipod shuffle and nokia n73 and last night i heard some sounds in the songs via the BB curve 8310 that just weren't as crisp on the other items. Same headphones as per the shuffle and Nokia.

what i couldn't understand was how to get the media player to organise my tracks by album cos i put 4 albums on and it just ran them in number order
    thus i got all 4 track 1's and then all 4 track 2's.

If someone could help with that please.

i used the roxio media transfer for getting them on the phone.
    03-13-08 05:00 AM
    I have over 400 songs on my BB and loading more everyweek. The sound quality is excellent. It is always hooked up to my car stereo when i'm driving. There is no need for a ipod for me.
    what size memory card do you have and how do you link to the car stereo ?
    03-13-08 05:01 AM
    How do you hook it up in the car? That would be the bomb!
    03-13-08 08:42 AM
    muisc sounds pretty good! Forget iPods. Get a 8310. its a phone,gps,mp3,movie watching, etc. Oh yeah and it has a calculator!
    03-13-08 08:43 AM
    I've never used an iPod- I use an iRiver Clix2. The sound on the Clix2 blows away the 8310. No comparison at all (using same phones). The Clix2 has 5 band EQ and SMS/WOW, etc settings, so this may account for the difference. I keep waiting for a BB MP3 player that at least has 5 band EQ.
    03-13-08 09:29 AM
    Personally I like my ipod for sound much better and since I like having lots of music to choose from and the BB 8310 only can handle a 4gb SD then it's no contest. I also think the sound quality is better on the ipod.
    03-13-08 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD