I have a BlackBerry Curve 8330 with Verizon. I have v4.5.0.175 of the BB software.

I have five email accounts setup on the BB. All are working OK. One of the five has a calendar associated with it. Itís a Gmail account with a Google Calendar. None of the other four email accounts has any type of calendar associated with it but apparently my BB thinks all of them do.

I use Googleís sync application to sync my BB with my Google Calendar. That works OK most of the time. However, occasionally things get flakey. Events on my Google Calendar show up on my BB as if they were from another calendar - a calendar associated with one of my other email addresses. But no such other calendars actually exist.

When I go into calendar options on my BB it lists five different calendars - one for each of my email addresses. When I go into Select Calendar on my BB it also lists the same five calendars. Again, only one calendar actually exists. So, how do I tell my BB that four of my five email addresses have no calendar (and never have)? How can I delete those four imaginary calendars from my BB so that nothing can possibly go to them?

Thanks
    Peter
    05-26-10 06:22 AM
    Every e-mail address assigned will have it's own calendar, even if it only exists on your blackberry. If you don't want to see more than one calendar, go to settings->advanced->service book, and look for entries that say [CICAL] at the end of them. You will see one for each of your e-mail addresses. Simply delete the ones that you don't want to see. Word of caution: The WILL come back if your service books are pushed back down to your device, but just go back in and remove them again.
    I have not found a way to "disable" a service book as of yet.
    05-26-10 06:42 AM
    Every e-mail address assigned will have it's own calendar, even if it only exists on your blackberry. If you don't want to see more than one calendar, go to settings->advanced->service book, and look for entries that say [CICAL] at the end of them. You will see one for each of your e-mail addresses. Simply delete the ones that you don't want to see. Word of caution: The WILL come back if your service books are pushed back down to your device, but just go back in and remove them again.
    I have not found a way to "disable" a service book as of yet.
    I can not find an option to delete any of the CICAL entries in Service Book. I can look at each of them but the only options I get are "Show HRT" and "Close." How do I delete?

Thanks.
    Peter
    05-26-10 07:52 AM
    Don't OPEN the service book entry. Just select it, and hit the "berry button". You'll have View_Delete_Undelete_close, just choose delete.
    05-26-10 08:03 AM
    Don't OPEN the service book entry. Just select it, and hit the "berry button". You'll have View_Delete_Undelete_close, just choose delete.
    Thanks! That did it.

Peter
    05-26-10 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD