Anyone know why my MP3 will play on my computer but when I copy it onto my SD card on my Curve, it won't play on my 8320 player. I can see it but it displays the song as 0:00 minutes long. I can even play the song off the SD card on my computer.
    10-31-08 09:17 AM
    Has it worked before? You may need to format the card. Options > media card > menu > format. back up the files first though because a format will wipe the card clean..
    10-31-08 09:24 AM
    Is it just one song or any song?

If you format the card, I would format it on a PC.
    10-31-08 09:28 AM
    This sounds as if you may accidentally have copied just the shortcut to tthe Media Card. This would do exactly as you describe.

How are you copying to the Media Card? Do you use Mass Media Mode? Are you using Desktop MAnager with media manager?
    10-31-08 09:29 AM
    Anyone know why my MP3 will play on my computer but when I copy it onto my SD card on my Curve, it won't play on my 8320 player. I can see it but it displays the song as 0:00 minutes long. I can even play the song off the SD card on my computer.
    I'm having the same problem. Some albums will play fine on my pc and even through the SD card in any other device, but just not through my BB player.

My fiance is trying to work it out now, and if he can figure it out I'll post again to let you know.

Its not an issue with ID3 tags, since we tried to fix them. Its also not a variable bitrate issue, since its not consistent.

Also, sometimes when I add an album onto the SD card (a full album), the artist and album name appear on the BB, but then the songs aren't listed. Hoping we can figure this out since some of the albums I want on there are my favourites.
    11-22-08 10:51 AM
    Okay what we did, was re-encode the mp3 files using mp3 Pro codec through Cool Edit Pro. When putting the files back onto the SD card, delete the BBThumbs file, since that is a cache of the album.

Its seemed to work for all four albums that weren't previously working.
    11-22-08 11:04 AM
    That seems to be whats kind of happening on my bb. I transferred music on my device and it was working fine for a couple of days, then all of a sudden it say " unable to view content". If anyone has anymore advice I really appreciate it.
    11-22-08 11:58 AM
    Did you use the bb deskop manager? I use it to move music from pc (itunes) all the time without a hitch. It converts it for the bb. Try the desktop manager.
    11-22-08 12:08 PM
    i have 9700 and faced the same problem while trying to play some audio files. It took me 18 long hours to figure out the problem. Here we go
    file type: mp3
    played in wma
    error: media being played is of unsupported format.
    options tried: 1. changing id tags-----dint work
    2. changing names--album info, etc--------dint work

solution: A) step 1 ......back up the memory card
    step 2 ......format memory card
    step 3 ......download i tunes
    step 4.......copy files in question to i tunes
    step 5.......right click on the file in itunes and convert to aamc format
    step 6.......copy the new version(aamc) to blackberry
    step 7......sit back and enjoy the music...!!!!

B) U can convert the mp3 files in question to mpeg4 and listen in video format...a bit inconvenient.
    10-17-10 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD