I am getting my first BB Saturday. It's the Curve 8900 from AT&T. I tried out the HTC Touch Pro from Verizon and hated it. It is the most cumbersome device I've ever used. Navigation is awful and all the extra features of the device are not worth the headache of using it (at least for me).

Rather than searching through Google, I was hoping you guys could suggest a good mp3 ringtone maker I could use to create ringtones on my computer and then transfer them to my new BB.

Thanks in advance.
    08-14-09 04:25 AM
    I would definitely suggest Adobe Audition It's not just for ringtones, it's a whole sound/music editor and its not a very big installation and it's easy to use. I shouldn't tell you exactly where to find it for ethical reasons, but i'm sure if you google "Adobe Audition Download" you will find something.
    08-14-09 07:33 AM
    I use Roxio Easy Media Creator's 'Sound editor', but EMC runs about $100. If you're looking for free, might I suggest Audacity.

I won't provide any links. You can search for them on your own.
    08-14-09 12:14 PM
    the one i use is a little more time comsuming but it is free

Make Your Own Ringtones - Free Ringtone Maker

all you do is upload a song of your choice chop it and download it back to your computer and then throw it on the berry i love this thing
    08-14-09 12:39 PM
    what I use is Audacity... if you have the right computer you should be able to set it to record from the media you are playing on your computer. you can drag and drop it and edit a ringtone that way. my phone can hold the whole song so I find songs and just have them that way.. I couldn't find the right ones that I wanted on limewire so i found them on youtube (i was looking up TV show theme songs) and recorded them from there. it seems a little stupid and too much but thats an easy way to do it.. like I said you can most likely drag and drop a song into Audacity and edit it from there, if not go to youtube and record it. It will come out HQ if you set the recording options right.

It's free too so you can google it =)
    08-14-09 01:01 PM
    Actually in BB App World there is an app called MP3 Ringtone Maker thats pretty nice. It costs like, $3. I absolutely love it.
    08-14-09 01:02 PM
    yeah there always something that you can buy but thats the easiest pain free way i can think of =)
    08-14-09 03:02 PM
    Audacity is what I use since it it free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 03:27 PM
    Myxer.com you can download ringtones, wallpapers, etc. Ota

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 05:45 PM
    Deffinately Audacity, it is free and extremely easy to use.
    08-14-09 06:37 PM
    Thanks all for the suggestions. My BB comes tomorrow via Fedex and I'm psyched. I will be shipping off the HTC TP back to Verizon. Good riddance.
    08-14-09 08:22 PM
    Where is such Audacity from?

Where did u get Roxio Sound Editor from?
    08-14-09 10:20 PM
    Do the mp3 ringtone creator drom crackberry apps. You just make your tones from mp3 and save it. This works right on the phone.
    08-15-09 03:00 AM
    Where is such Audacity from?
    Audacity: Download
    08-15-09 03:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD