I am having a problem with my MP3 player.

I tried to add some "Weird" Al Yankovic to the memory card, and it shows up and arrives, but it doesn't go into my folders for playing.

(I've not tried any other files though.)

They are on the memory card, but not in the playable files.

Any thoughts?

Perhaps the " is kajiggering the system?
    08-25-09 12:10 PM
    I am having a problem with my MP3 player.

I tried to add some "Weird" Al Yankovic to the memory card, and it shows up and arrives, but it doesn't go into my folders for playing.

(I've not tried any other files though.)

They are on the memory card, but not in the playable files.

Any thoughts?

Perhaps the " is kajiggering the system?
    When you say 'Doesn't go into my folers' are you talking about the "BlackBerry" folder?

In my media card I have a structure like this:

Blackberry
    |-> Music
    |-> Ringtones
    |-> Video

Something to that effect. Normally when I transfer MP3s I just put them in my Music Folder and the next time I run the Media Player, it scans and has the music in "My Music". Did this ever happen? the Scanning I mean?
    08-25-09 12:16 PM
    If you are using Roxio Media Manager, don't.

Enable Mass Storage Mode. Options, Media Card. Enable Mass Storage Mode, set to Prompt when connected to usb. Save.

When you connect to usb, answer Yes to the prompt to Enable Mass Storage Mode. Your BB will appear on your PC as a removable drive. Copy your music files to your Music folder on your memory card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 12:19 PM
    When you say 'Doesn't go into my folers' are you talking about the "BlackBerry" folder?

In my media card I have a structure like this:

Blackberry
    |-> Music
    |-> Ringtones
    |-> Video

Something to that effect. Normally when I transfer MP3s I just put them in my Music Folder and the next time I run the Media Player, it scans and has the music in "My Music". Did this ever happen? the Scanning I mean?
    Yes mine works the same. When making some ringtones on my blackberry the other day, we found the songs on my card.

However, they are not in the music files on the blackberry. So I deleted and reloaded them like 4 times on Sunday night, and still nothing.

It scanned three times.

Is there a method of putting them as music files directly on the card?
    08-25-09 12:22 PM
    Are you moving them using desktop manager or just opening through My Computer? If you are using My Computer is your phone set to media storage mode? If it is follow what FreeOp said.

Also you might try using better music than Weird Al, just a thought
    08-25-09 12:23 PM
    If you are using Roxio Media Manager, don't.

Enable Mass Storage Mode. Options, Media Card. Enable Mass Storage Mode, set to Prompt when connected to usb. Save.

When you connect to usb, answer Yes to the prompt to Enable Mass Storage Mode. Your BB will appear on your PC as a removable drive. Copy your music files to your Music folder on your memory card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I will try that.

Thanks.
    08-25-09 12:28 PM
    Are you moving them using desktop manager or just opening through My Computer? If you are using My Computer is your phone set to media storage mode? If it is follow what FreeOp said.

Also you might try using better music than Weird Al, just a thought
    I use Windows Media Player, and sync to my phone.

I only mention that it was weird al thinking that perhaps the "." in his name was messing it up.
    08-25-09 12:29 PM
    I use Windows Media Player, and sync to my phone.

I only mention that it was weird al thinking that perhaps the "." in his name was messing it up.
    Rename the file to remove the quote marks and see if it works.
    08-25-09 02:32 PM
    And be sure that the ID3 tags are properly set on the songs.
    08-25-09 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD