I have a large number of mP3 files stored on a 4 GB micro SD card installed on my 8310. I still have over 500 MB space unused on the card. However, when I go to find music, some the artists are "missing", and some of the songs are "missing" for some of the artists, meaning the Blackberry doesn't list them on the display. Using "Find artist" or "find song", the Blackberry says no such artist or song is stored. However, plugging the Blackberry into my laptop, I can confirm that all artists and all songs are stored in the micro SD card. I've tried formatting the card and reloading all the MP3s, rebooting multiple times, and mothing helps. This is very frustrating. Any ideas how to solve this?
    10-01-08 06:10 PM
    Do any of these mp3s contain DRM?
    10-01-08 06:14 PM
    nope. I used the Roxio Blackberry media manager to convert cd tracks to mp3 files stored on my laptop. then copied down to the Blackberry. EXACT same process used on each file. As I said, all the files are stored on the micro SD card in the Blackberry, but it doesn't display some artists, and some songs for other artists.
    10-01-08 06:25 PM
    try a battery pull and reinsert. Give it about 5 minutes after reboot is done and check the songs again.
    10-01-08 06:29 PM
    Tried rebooting multiple times. Sometimes more artists/songs appear. sometimes not. NEVER had all all artists and songs appear after a reboot, no matter how long I waited. Worse, I can do a reboot, after which the Blackberry "discovers" some more MP3 files, but those newly discovered files disappear from the display after a day or two.
    10-01-08 06:34 PM
    Roxio BlackBerry Media Manager can't remove DRMs. So just to double check, did you remove the DRMs some other way?
    10-01-08 06:44 PM
    I haven't specifically tried to scrub DRMs. However, when (for example) I copied/converted seven songs from one single CD to seven separate MP3 files and then downloaded all seven MP3 files to the card in my Blackberry and the Blackberry subsequently display lists 4 of the songs but not the other 3 songs, I can't fathom that as a DRM issue.
    10-01-08 07:39 PM
    It sounds like your problem is not totally (if at all...) related to DRM. For the older OS versions (pre 4.5.x), there appears to be an indexing limit within the media player itself - somewhere around 1000 files. If you're using an OS version prior to 4.5.x, this may be the constraint that is causing your problem.

This was definitely an issue for me as it proved itself over and over. Any time I "breached" the 1000 file limit, irrespective of available space on the media card, some songs would not be listed in the media player even though they could be found by exploring to their location on the media card.

I can tell you that after upgrading from 4.3 to 4.5.0.77 this issue seems to have resolved itself. I loaded 1202 songs onto my 8Gb media card last night, and all appear to be present and accounted for in the media player.

If you're suffering from the symptoms described above, and it's enough of an annoyance, you may want to consider an OS upgrade.