I uploaded a few mpeg videos, the BB can't play them, says they are an unsupported format. are there codecs I need to download in order for the BB to play them? or do I need to use the DM to convert all the videos? <---painstakingly slow process...

does the music player have an EQ function? if not where can I get 1?

how does 1 install games? I copied over the *.jar/*.jad files into the BB but have no idea how to install them. I don't even know if the BB has a file manager to see the files?

I noticed the Documents to Go only has Word & PP. is there a way to get Excel & Access into it?

thanks.
    02-28-09 07:35 AM
    You do have to convert videos, but there are alternatives to DM. Here are some:
    AUDIO
    use MP3 format and get Audacity: Windows and Audacity: How do I download and install the LAME MP3 encoder?

PICTURES
    Get Image resizing, do it with PIXresizer which will resize any/all your pics for the BlackBerry

VIDEOS
    Get Blackberry Video Converter from Seabyrd Technologies - Blackberry Video Converter

Jar/Jad files are typically used for OTA installation. If you can get the .alx file, you can install it using DM App Loader. The BlackBerry doesn't have a File Manager as such because RIM won't let you that far into the internals of the device. You can run Media Manager / Menu / Explore to see the folders that RIM will let you manipulate.

You have to register Docs-to-Go to get Excel. It's still free. I'm not aware of any Access capability.

Welcome to the Forums!
    02-28-09 07:56 AM
    videos need to be .3pg I believe. Im sure some others will help elaborate more on that.
    There is headset equalizer and audio boost.
    .jad/.jar files are for OTA install. Simply go to where you downloaded them using your blackberry browser.
    Docs to go...open op the words to go and hit menu and check for updates. This will give you sheets to go (excel)
    02-28-09 08:00 AM
    thanks for the info. what does OTA mean? also I should mention I do not have the data plan. does it mean I can't get excel at all? nor games?
    02-28-09 08:24 AM
    OTA = Over the Air

You need a Data Plan for that.

You should be able to register and upgrade your Documents to Go via your computer.
    https://store.dataviz.com/Regi&Add
    Last edited by Motorcycle Mama; 02-28-09 at 08:37 AM.
    02-28-09 08:30 AM
    thanks for the info. where do I get my registration #?
    You should be able to register and upgrade your Documents to Go via your computer.
    02-28-09 09:12 AM
    DataViz: Welcome BlackBerry Curve 8330 User!

To find your Registration Number:

* Launch any of the Documents To Go applications (such as Word To Go) on your device
    * Press the "Menu" key and select "About…" from the menu
    * Your Registration Number will be displayed.

02-28-09 09:38 AM
    I had seen a couple of threads about upgrading docs to go to get excel. I followed the instructions and it tells me, after registering, that the upgrade is incompatable & will not download. I am running .77.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 10:04 AM
    I registered it, it sent me an update link for OTA only. any idea how to get it to work from PC?

OTA = Over the Air

You need a Data Plan for that.

https://store.dataviz.com/Regi&Add
    02-28-09 10:24 AM
    update to this thread, in case any1 is following. there are 2 ways to get jar files to work:
    1. run it from media explorer or
    2. jar to alx converter, then install thru DM

OTA is not necessary.
    Last edited by redterror; 02-28-09 at 08:10 PM.
    02-28-09 07:16 PM
    I registered it, it sent me an update link for OTA only. any idea how to get it to work from PC?
    Here's the official way.

DocID: 14179 - How do I install Documents To Go on my BlackBerry smartphone?
    02-28-09 07:51 PM
    did I ever mention that I love you? well now u know.
    02-28-09 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD