Hi there. I'll be direct:

How may I modify the On/off sound?

How may I modify the on/off image?

There must be a way to modify the on/off image 'cause one of my two Curve 8520 has a at&t logo, while the other one just have the BlackBerry logo.
    07-11-19 11:57 PM
    That isn't in the OS, think the only way to do it was we some tools that only Carrier's and BlackBerry had...

Some carrier's left this alone.... unlocked. And phones would read info on the SIM to provide this "boot info", others locked it to their own logo and sound.

You can try making sure your phone is unlocked, remove the vendor file and reload the OS, try a new SIM... but bottom line is it might not be possible to remove it.
    07-12-19 07:56 AM
    Ah, yes... The ol' "change the boot-up carrier logo" question from years back.

Can't be done - easily. Even if unlocked after-the-fact. On the old BBOS phones, it was not in the main system memory, or a part of the OS, or even linked to the SIM. People who got carrier branded phones, but had it later unlocked to use on another carrier still saw the original carrier logo on boot-up. And, being a BBOS phone usually meant frequent battery-pulls.

There was a tool out in the deep crevices of the internet back around 2009-2010 or so, that let you edit a part of the low-level system VSM, and copy another image in it.

But, forum rules didn't allow it to be linked to on this site because it was stolen RIM software, and some that did try it reported that it permanently bricked their phones - mostly because they didn't know what they were doing.

Just close your eyes for 5 seconds if you have to restart the phone, and it's gone.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-12-19 09:27 AM
    Ah well. Thanks for the help anyway. And yes, both phones are unlocked, I can use them with any sim. I just thought it would be cool to have 'boot images' that matched the themes. I made two themes with BlackBerry Theme Studio: Windows 7 x8520 and Crystal Clear. They look good, but it would be even nicer with custom 'boot images'.
    07-13-19 08:01 AM
    Ah well. Thanks for the help anyway. And yes, both phones are unlocked, I can use them with any sim. I just thought it would be cool to have 'boot images' that matched the themes. I made two themes with BlackBerry Theme Studio: Windows 7 x8520 and Crystal Clear. They look good, but it would be even nicer with custom 'boot images'.
    Themes... that was something that I wish BB10 had.
    07-15-19 09:31 AM
    Themes... that was something that I wish BB10 had.
    That was one of the main features of BBOS that I missed as well. A lot of the others features did eventually make it to BB10, but I knew it was never made to have themes... but, I still missed them.
    07-15-19 09:58 AM