Hello All!

After installing a fresh OS does it come with any other IM clients besides BB messanger? In an AT&T ad it shows Mobile IM with Yahoo, Google etc.. listed, but when i go to my BB MSGR i only get to enter a PIN or e-mail. I do see the download links for Yahoo, AIM, Google, ICQ etc... So my question is, do you have to install these seperate or do they get installed with the OS. In my situation i did a wipe and install. Thanks!
    Last edited by ghostshell; 10-27-08 at 01:09 PM.
    10-27-08 01:04 PM
    I think in most cases you will need to download a 3rd party app to run IM's some carriers have apps to do it but I'm not sure they are ever included. I am currently using a free app called instango. If you want more than one messenger client running on your phone this one app can manage them all. BeeJive is a popular app.
    10-27-08 02:04 PM
    Go to the Blackberry web site on your phone and the programs have OTA links there.
    10-27-08 02:10 PM
    It depends on the carrier, AT&T wants your money and their apps are under their media net crap and use your SMS allowance to send messages. If you have an unlimited data plan, you are better off getting the BB apps, or better yet, a third party app like JiveTalk. Most heavy IM users prefer JiveTalk. They have a free 30 day trial for you to decide if its worth the price they ask.
    10-27-08 02:13 PM
    I have used beejive (jivetalk) and liked it.
    I just downloaded instango and I am really liking it. Great for a free app.
    11-08-08 02:45 PM
    think I spoke too soon...instango does not reconnect after I have a phone call. I think I may be going back to jivetalk...
    11-09-08 07:05 PM
    Yea it just depends on your carrier. 8320s on Tmo have AIM and a bunch of others. I still use jivetalk however. It's worth the money and it's very reliable.
    11-09-08 07:07 PM
    I downloaded yahoo im and aim. The only thing that irritates me is when I log on my laptop yahoo fights me a couple times when logging onto im on my laptop (and yes I am logging out of im on my berry). Other than that everything is good
    11-09-08 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD