Hey, I have a quick questionnn!!

I have a friend who wants to sell me his 8900 and I really really REALLY want to buy that beautiful piece of machinery.. BUT... MMS is one of the main things I want and I'm not adding the BB Data plan its just too much a month.

So is there a way to send/receive pictures on an 8900 without the data plan? I am getting 2 sides to this story and I really need an ACTUAL answer before I spend money on this thing.

Can anybody help meeeeee????
    08-12-09 07:21 PM
    The best thing for you to do is contact T-Mobile.
    08-12-09 07:30 PM
    Its not a feature that's turned on in your account if you don't pay for it, so no. They have to turn on the features for phones from your individual account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 04:13 AM
    well, my buddy has T-mobile and i gave him my old unlocked/unbranded 8310. he is not using a BB data plan, but does receive and send MMS on an as needed basis. so i guess its possible.
    08-13-09 04:51 AM
    Before I sprung for the BIS, I had the only the unlimited text messaging dealy, and I was not charged for data when I MMS my friends.

Taken from the T-Mobile Website:

"Note: All our messaging bundles include text, IM, picture, or video messages--the choice is up to you..."
    08-13-09 11:51 AM
    MMS will work on the 8900 without a data plan. They'll just count as texts that's all.

08-13-09 12:03 PM
    Cool, I hope it works!! Thanks guys, Go Crackberry!!
    08-13-09 09:04 PM
    If you can't get MMS to work, call T-Mobile up and ask them to add the BlackBerry Feature Enabler. That works for most people that can't get MMS to work.
    08-13-09 09:55 PM
    If you can't get MMS to work, call T-Mobile up and ask them to add the BlackBerry Feature Enabler. That works for most people that can't get MMS to work.
    I believe they stopped offering that feature a month or two ago.
    08-13-09 09:58 PM
    MMS will work on the 8900 without a data plan. They'll just count as texts that's all.

basically yea. it will count the MMS's towards the alotted bucket of SMS/MMS/IM. even though it may use data per se to facilitate the delivery of the MMS, you wont be charged data for it. im guessing though, if you dont have a messaging plan, you will be charged the $0.25 per message sent/received or whatever they charge these days.
    08-14-09 02:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD