Im being told by Sprint that the 8330 does not support mms messages???? Does anyone have an 8330 with sprint and use MMS messaging?

I've read a few posts about a BB Feature enabler, but most users have T-Mobile. Is this a feature all BB phones use, no matter which service you have?

thanks
    06-19-08 02:29 PM
    Yes, Sprint does not allow you to do MMS.
    06-19-08 02:32 PM
    thanks scorpio, its been driving me crazy
    06-19-08 02:34 PM
    That sucks good to know though. Sprint should sell the iphone then apple could blame the lack of MMS on Sprint LOL.
    06-19-08 02:36 PM
    Didn't know the iphone lacks it too. I wonder when sprint will make that feature available. Maybe when the get their wimax working

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-08 05:32 PM
    You can send pics through email with sprint.

06-19-08 05:34 PM
    There was a rumor that Sprint finally admitted their customers wanted it and were going to make it happen 'this summer' since its a Sprint network problem. We'll see.

06-19-08 05:36 PM
    Other sprint phones have mms. Treo, mogul, samsung, don't know why sprint doesn't allow BBs to MMS?
    06-19-08 06:20 PM
    Good point - had Picture Mail on my Treos. I can only guess that while Picture Mail "acted" like MMS from the phone, it was actually implemented with a protocol unique to Sprint. Therefore, if the handset maker didn't implement Picture Mail, it didn't exist on that phone. That's my guess anyway.
    06-19-08 07:03 PM
    the mogul doesn't have it...I went from the mogul to the curve thinking the curve would have it but as we all know it doesn't!!
    06-20-08 11:13 AM
    Damn serious, it's annoying that the curve gives you the option, then when you click compose MMS it says "no service record detected' f-in weak. I'm wondering if they will allow it and when.
    06-20-08 03:01 PM
    This is as of today, I emailed them last night. I may get different responses from different reps, but I'm not going to email them day and night. I'll try again in a 2 weeks or so.

Dear Chris,

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I will be happy to assist you
    regarding the Blackberry Curve 8330.

Unfortunately, there has been no recent news of this device being
    updated to receive MMS (Multimedia Messaging).

You can keep an eye on Sprint.com for recent updates.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to respond to this
    e-mail.

Thank you again for contacting Sprint. We appreciate your business.

Rhonda N.
    Sprint
    06-20-08 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD