First i must say this is a great site, good job with all the great information for BB users.
    My problem is when i first got my 8350i the mms worked fine, then when my company loaded the BES onto my phone the mms stopped working.When trying to do a mms it says: No MMS service record found you can only save a draft.
    In the service books in options the MMS client is checked but the MMS Nexte transport is disallowed. I contacted my IT people and they say "we do not block anything on the blackberry" in other words everything should be turned on to allow. Sprint says they cannot figure out what is wrong either. So I figured maybe someone here could help.
    i do know the mms works because when the bb did not have the BEs installed i was able to text just fine. the only way i can text people is to email them with the service provider address (example:[email protected]) but that is a big pain.

sorry for the long post, but i wanted to make sure i was clear in conveying what the issues are.

thanks
    04-01-09 09:57 AM
    There is an issue with Nextel and the 8350i and texting. There is an OS update that is *supposed* to come out Friday that is supposed to fix that. See if when that comes out if it fixes your problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 10:58 AM
    Thanks for the reply, but that is not the issue I am having. this is a service book fix i need or how to bypass the disallow on a service book.
    I have had no issues texting when BES WAS not installed that was for a week or so.
    04-01-09 11:09 AM
    You may need to wipe your handheld and start over. I don't use BES on my CB as its mine and not the company's.

04-01-09 12:21 PM
    I had a similar problem with the SMS function of my phone, so _maybe_ this will help.

Their was a restriction on my account (and one other) at Sprint. I think they termed it an SMS/MMS restriction. If you've already contacted Sprint on this, call back and have them escalate. I'd then ask they do a "stare and compare" at a phone on your account that you know works.
    04-01-09 01:29 PM
    I may be way off, but since you've had the BES, have you re-sent your service books? Maybe that will help? Or maybe even a simple battery pull?!?
    04-01-09 02:19 PM
    Register your Host routing table. Options>advanced>host routing table>menu key>register now.

04-01-09 03:56 PM
    I have resent the books and registered a ton of times I have done everything that would seem like the obvious choice. I will try contacting Sprint as Johnelaw suggests, that sounds like a good approach.
    Thanks for the replies.

04-01-09 04:27 PM
    I have BES and Nextel can control my MMS functionality. Call them as they should be able to reset. Also ask your IT to make sure your IT policy is set on default.

04-01-09 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD