Hi All,

I am noticing that not all my e-mails are coming thru to my BB. I am with Sprint and have a 8330m with latest Sprint approved OS. I am not using an exchange server and have only one e-mail account set-up. An example would be in the morning I might have three new messages on my BB and 10 on my lap top.

Any ideas? let me know if you think this thread should be in general or Sprint forum instead.

Thanks for your help.
    08-11-09 10:44 AM
    What type of email is it? POP3, GMail, Yahoo, Hotmail?? What email client are you using on your computer?
    08-11-09 10:55 AM
    Pop 3 Outlook 2007

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 11:02 AM
    In your email settings in Outlook, check to be sure that it is set to "Leave Messages on the Server".
    08-11-09 04:17 PM
    who's your email provider?
    08-11-09 06:06 PM
    Check your mail Reconciliation options to be sure it allows for wireless reconciliation.
    Mail>Options>email reconciliation>wireless reconcile.
    08-11-09 06:26 PM
    who's your email provider?
    everyone.net
    08-12-09 12:27 AM
    In your email settings in Outlook, check to be sure that it is set to "Leave Messages on the Server".
    the problem is not on the outlook end..outlook e-mails are all there, the bb is missing e-mails
    08-12-09 12:28 AM
    Check your mail Reconciliation options to be sure it allows for wireless reconciliation.
    Mail>Options>email reconciliation>wireless reconcile.
    Already on and the problem is not consistent many of my emails do appear on the BB.
    08-12-09 12:31 AM
    the problem is not on the outlook end..outlook e-mails are all there, the bb is missing e-mails
    Right.

But if Outlook is not set to "leave messages on the server" once Outlook retrieves the messages, they are no longer available to be pushed to the BlackBerry when the BlackBerry server poll your email server for new messages.
    08-12-09 06:25 AM
    MM, don't you hate it when they don't listen to the first time? :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 06:46 AM
    Right.

But if Outlook is not set to "leave messages on the server" once Outlook retrieves the messages, they are no longer available to be pushed to the BlackBerry when the BlackBerry server poll your email server for new messages.
    Ok I did it we will see how that works. Usually messages show up on my Blackberry First. The problem seems to occur primarily with the messages that come in overnight.

Also as long as you are the email expert is there anyway to get messages sent from bb into outlook?
    08-12-09 09:37 AM
    Never said that I was the email expert.

The only way get the sent messages into Outlook is to set up an AutoBCC to yourself by logging in to your BIS. BlackBerry Internet Service

You probably will want to also set up a Filter to prevent those messages from being pushed back to the BlackBerry. And you will have to manually move the message from your Outlook Inbox to then Sent Box or do it with a Rule in Outlook.
    08-12-09 10:55 AM
    If your outlook pulls them from the server before bb pulls them then you will not get them. As posted above to leave them on the server.

The best and fastest way I have found (also mentioned above) is to create a bb account and go into your email provider to send all emails from your old email CC to your blackberry account. That way you will get them and they are all most instantly delivered to you.
    08-12-09 11:03 AM
    Never said that I was the email expert.

The only way get the sent messages into Outlook is to set up an AutoBCC to yourself by logging in to your BIS. BlackBerry Internet Service

You probably will want to also set up a Filter to prevent those messages from being pushed back to the BlackBerry. And you will have to manually move the message from your Outlook Inbox to then Sent Box or do it with a Rule in Outlook.
    Well expertise is all relative and compared to me you clearly are...you did not earn the "genius status" for nothing. Ive only been BBing for 2 months

So I would need to set up the filter with my email provider?

BTW Very impressive an Alltel customer sending a Sprint link!
    Last edited by mccarthyand; 08-12-09 at 11:47 AM. Reason: typo
    08-12-09 11:45 AM
    Ha! Google is your (or in this case my) friend.

And you would set up the filter on the BIS.

Login, go to that email address, and click on Filters. Then set one up with your email address.

Under "Apply Filter When", you would select "To field" and then type in your email address in the box next to "Contains".
    08-12-09 01:01 PM
    Ha! Google is your (or in this case my) friend.

And you would set up the filter on the BIS.

Login, go to that email address, and click on Filters. Then set one up with your email address.

Under "Apply Filter When", you would select "To field" and then type in your email address in the box next to "Contains".
    The bcc is working but the filter does not seem to be, Is it perhaps because I use the same e-mail address for my blackberry as Outlook in other words I have only one email address not a separate one for the BB.
    08-12-09 03:22 PM
    You guys are making this complicated. Set up a bb email [email protected] on the sprint site. Go to your emails providers site and set up cc to the bb email. You are done. You can send from the bb email to any address including your other emails
    08-12-09 04:08 PM
    You guys are making this complicated. Set up a bb email [email protected] on the sprint site. Go to your emails providers site and set up cc to the bb email. You are done. You can send from the bb email to any address including your other emails
    Hmm??

I would like to know the pros and cons of that approach before I change anything and screw up something that is working well for the most part
    08-12-09 04:31 PM
    The pro is you do not get a delay in receiving your email since it is sent cc as soon as it hits your server, where bb push mail may be 10 min. or so. Many use this because they need their work emails quickly. The only con I can think of is that when you send emails from your bb it will show the bb address instead of your other email in outlook. If that is not important to you then you are good to go.

Takes about 10 minutes to setup and even less to remove it if you do not like it.

I cc all email to my bb account and have not set up any other email on phone....
    08-12-09 04:47 PM
    The bcc is working but the filter does not seem to be, Is it perhaps because I use the same e-mail address for my blackberry as Outlook in other words I have only one email address not a separate one for the BB.
    The filter is only to prevent the AutoBCC emails from being pushed to the device (since the original message would have already been pushed).

It doesn't have anything to do with the original issue you posted but only with the followup issue you posted.
    08-12-09 04:52 PM
    The pro is you do not get a delay in receiving your email since it is sent cc as soon as it hits your server, where bb push mail may be 10 min. or so. Many use this because they need their work emails quickly. The only con I can think of is that when you send emails from your bb it will show the bb address instead of your other email in outlook. If that is not important to you then you are good to go.

Takes about 10 minutes to setup and even less to remove it if you do not like it.

I cc all email to my bb account and have not set up any other email on phone....
    My email comes to my phone in seconds and to my home office computer a bit later. I am not sure I like the BB email showing instead of outlook, I will have to think about that.

thanks for the info.
    08-12-09 04:56 PM
    You could actually use any email address you want to. You probably have up to five addresses per your provider. This way you do not need the filter to break the cc loop that you said was not working correctly for you.
    08-12-09 05:03 PM
    The filter is only to prevent the AutoBCC emails from being pushed to the device (since the original message would have already been pushed).

It doesn't have anything to do with the original issue you posted but only with the followup issue you posted.
    I realize it is all about the follow up issue. I am trusting we resolved the original issue.

I apologize if I was not clear.

The auto BCC is still pushing to the device despite the filter. Which is not that big a deal. i thought maybe it was because I don't have a separate BB email address. I am not sure I would want to do that.

Thank you for being so patient with me.
    Diane
    08-12-09 05:13 PM
    Cool. I just wanted to make sure I was being clear.

I believe I typed the wrong thing in one of my posts above. In the filter set up, you need to select "From" field in the drop down. Try that and see if it works.

Not having a BB email address shouldn't be an issue.
    08-12-09 06:21 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD