I could read Arabic fine with 4.3 on my sprint curve. Now whenever I try to find the semitic language checkbox for 4.5 i can't find it, yet the .cod file is in the java folder under program files/common files/RIM/shared/4.5update. Any ideas? I really need arabic to read certain sms and emails.
    02-10-09 04:37 PM
    ok, i've managed to outdo myself again. there's something about posting a question on the forum that makes you extra ambitious to find the answer yourself. So i got semitic characters to display again with a little tweaking. I'm too lazy to post the instructions but let me kmnow if you're interested.
    02-10-09 04:51 PM
    Good. I was about ready to tell you to throw out that anti-semitic device!

Sometimes the languages get deactivated or browser seetings changed in an update. Correcting the settings and/or reinstalling the language packs through DM usually fixes the problem.

I just recently installed the language pack as I have decided to try learning Hebrew. I will see if I get anything out of my BlackBerry with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 05:02 PM
    I am interested in what you did to correct this. Is this a Language pack that was un-checked during the OS update? or something else you did to fix? Please reply. Much thanks.
    02-11-09 01:41 PM
    I need to post 10 times to send someone a message. Heres #8
    02-11-09 01:46 PM
    I need to post 10 times to send someone a message. Heres #9
    02-11-09 01:47 PM
    #10. Looking forward to asking my question now!
    02-11-09 01:48 PM
    POST #11 _ Again.......
    02-11-09 01:53 PM
    Good. I was about ready to tell you to throw out that anti-semitic device!

Sometimes the languages get deactivated or browser seetings changed in an update. Correcting the settings and/or reinstalling the language packs through DM usually fixes the problem.

I just recently installed the language pack as I have decided to try learning Hebrew. I will see if I get anything out of my BlackBerry with it.

LOL. check your PM's for detailed instructions, vav17. Strangely, I couldn't get DM to recognize the semitic language pack until i manually moved the 4.3 modules to the 4.5 java folder. I guess like you said they just forgot it or something, because usually if blackberry hasn't updated a certain module, they'll still include the more recent version.
    02-11-09 03:42 PM
    I'm very interested. I need arabic support on my curve! Thanks

02-11-09 04:05 PM
    1. You need to go to this website , https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...DmpLISc49HJg** select Curve 8330 and download the 4.3 package.

2. Load up blackberry desktop software and proceed as if you will downgrade your device to 4.3. When you get to the part where it lists all the software, modules and addons check the details for semitic languages. It should list modules and dependencies, a total of three files.

3. Locate those files found: \program files\common files\research in motion\shared\4.3\java . Copy them to a temporary folder.

4. Reinstall Device software upgrade 4.5. Copy those files from the temoporary folder to \program files\common files\research in motion\shared\4.5\java

5. Run Blackberry Desktop software and proceed as if you will upgrade to 4.5. It'll will tell you that no upgrade is needed. Click on "options" button to add modules/apps. You should then see Semitic languages there.

It's a little complicated and I couldn't find another way, but hopefully it works for you. Let me know if you need more clarification.
    02-11-09 04:11 PM
    I was wondering if you could some how upload those three modules for me in a zip file or something since the link for 4.3 doesn't work any more. THx.
    09-12-09 02:54 PM
    if you just want to read arabic, then you can download the read only files on my site. the file is the same for hebrew and arabic. both semitic.
    Hebrew for the Blackberry
    09-14-09 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD