I'm having a problem with my missed call notification alert, it just will not go away. I've had my 8300 for almost 4 months and it just showed up yesterday. I've tried everything ie. cleared all messages, cleared call logs, and I've done about 600 battery pulls. Even taken the sims card out as well. To no avail none of this has worked so far. I did a search and came up with this post http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/miss...-go-away-5923/ but nevertheless it was never successfully answered in this post as well. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It's been only one day and it has already become annoying. Thanks
    12-06-07 09:23 AM
    grasping at straws here ... but have you tried to change your theme?
    12-06-07 09:46 AM
    Hey thanks "wolfscmb" I didn't think of that one, however I just tried it but it didn't work. Thanks again.
    12-06-07 10:26 AM
    sorry that didnt work ... sometimes my BBM notification icon "hangs around" if i dont exit a certain way ... if i press the red end key the notification icon stays, but if i press the escape key till i'm back at the homescreen it goes away ...
    12-06-07 10:41 AM
    Guys, sorry to tell you must "hard reset" in order to get rid of stupid missed call icon. it happened to me, no one can help even tech center could not figure out. Before reset make sure do back up all your data info otherwise you would spend some time to customise because all of your data will be lost.
    Hope it help you.
    12-06-07 10:58 AM
    Thanks "aznlv" I will try this later after work when I can back up my bb. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do that. So now I have to do a search for the "hard reset". I remember reading a post about it somewhere around here. I'll let you know how it goes.
    12-06-07 11:16 AM
    I use to have this problem to when i was reinstalling a new OS, then i couldnt get rid of that miss call icon. But then I reinstalled the OS and it was gone. Maybe you can try that. to reinstall your OS
    12-06-07 01:15 PM
    Have you looked in the saved messages folder? This happened to me on a previous BB. Took me several days to figure out I had accidentally hit save before delete. Not sure if this can happen on the curve or not.
    12-06-07 02:31 PM
    Have you looked in the saved messages folder? This happened to me on a previous BB. Took me several days to figure out I had accidentally hit save before delete. Not sure if this can happen on the curve or not.
    Yeah I did try that as well. I deleted every email and saved msg because I wasn't sure if I had missed anything. Nevertheless it's still on there staring right at me Thanks anyway.
    12-06-07 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD