I got my bb 8330 bout 5 months ago and I love it. About 1 month or so ago I had a missed call. I checked it, so the icon on the top bar and on my home screen menu list should have gone away, but they didn't.

I have marked all prior new in my messages cause calls show up there and I have checked my call list too, but the thing will not go away.

Its more of a nusience than a problem, since the led indicator blinks red more frquently than I'd prefer. Does anyone know how to fix this? (Thanks in advance)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 02:06 PM
    Oh, and I have pulled the battery and turn off/on, nothing fixed it

08-04-09 02:09 PM
    I've never had this happen on my Black Berry, but, on other phones this happened with, I would just leave myself a voicemail. Once I checked it and deleted the "new" voicemail, the icon would go away.
    08-04-09 02:14 PM
    I've had numerous voicemails since this started happening and it doesn't go away. Its a missed call that won't go away, not a voicemail. but thank you

08-04-09 02:18 PM
    I've had numerous voicemails since
    Of course you have, silly me. I don't get a lot of voicemail's myself, so I forget about other people's use.

Its a missed call that won't go away, not a voicemail.
    In your messages application, try pressing Alt + I to bring up your inbox. Your selector should be on the top-most date be default. If it's not, move it there. Once you do that, press Menu and select 'Mark Prior Opened'.

I know you said you've already checked your call list, but this is another area to try. If this doesn't work, I'm not sure what's causing it.
    08-04-09 02:26 PM
    I hate when that happens
    08-04-09 02:28 PM
    What's really odd is that, if it's really not a stray notification that you've missed, that a battery pull hasn't corrected it.

Anyway, I hope you get it sorted.
    08-04-09 02:34 PM
    Tried the incoming call thing and rechecked my call listn niether fixed it. But thank you!!

08-04-09 02:36 PM
    Do you know exactly what number it was that you missed? You could try deleting the call history for that number and see if it gets rid of it.

I don't know if it will work or not as I've never had this problem myself but it doesn't hurt to try.

08-04-09 02:50 PM
    I have no clue the number. I haven't found a way to delete the entire call history. Is there a way to do that?

08-04-09 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD