I upgraded to the new Sprint 4.5 os that was recently posted on the site and the only issue I am having is with the email.

When I open up an email I have to hit the menu key and select Get images. When I do that it comes up with a box that says "Downloading internet images can expose your address. Continue?"

Does anyone else get this??

I have double checked my settings an HTML email is enabled as well as downloading images automatically. I also resent my service books, but still get the question..
    01-16-09 06:44 PM
    Its supposed to do that, security thing.
    01-16-09 06:45 PM
    Rachel is correct, it is a RIM security feature...
    01-16-09 06:46 PM
    Roger that!! Thanks for the quick responses.. Was just confused as it isn't technically automatic than.
    01-16-09 06:48 PM
    I'm in the same boat. Wish there was a way around it so that it was truly automatic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 06:43 PM
    Hmm, I do not mind it so much.
    01-20-09 06:58 PM
    ok. So.. this makes no sense to me:

1. enable HTML email: yes
    2. download images automatically: yes

Then WHY do I have to 'get images' all the time?

What the heck is 'download images automatically' there for if i never automatically gets the images?
    02-16-09 08:52 AM
    For security reasons, externally linked images will not automatically download. Downloading the images could expose your email address, so you have to do it manually.
    02-16-09 08:59 AM
    ok. So.. this makes no sense to me:

1. enable HTML email: yes
    2. download images automatically: yes

Then WHY do I have to 'get images' all the time?

What the heck is 'download images automatically' there for if i never automatically gets the images?
    This refers to images that are EMBEDDED in the email NOT to externally linked images.

As noted above, for security reasons, EXTERNALLY linked images will ALWAYS have to be manually retrieved.
    02-16-09 09:14 AM
    Most of my emails show html automatically. I had to slesct 'get images' for a few days, then it just started downloading them automatically.

I wonder why.
    02-16-09 01:38 PM
    So I just updated my Dad's Curve to 4.5.0.77 and there is no "Get images" option. I've resent service books, did the delete/undelete thing, re-registered the host routing table.....nothing has worked. HTML settings are both set to yes.
    02-17-09 03:57 PM
    I just installed v4.5 and before I could get HTML email to work I had to deleted and recreate all my internet email addresses. If your Dad is part of a corporate network using a BES server I expect that there is a setting in the BES that needs to be turned on.
    03-01-09 11:08 AM
    BTW... Where did you guys find the HTML option? It just seemed to work on mine. I can't find where that is.

Thanks!

V2
    03-01-09 11:10 AM
    So I just updated my Dad's Curve to 4.5.0.77 and there is no "Get images" option. I've resent service books, did the delete/undelete thing, re-registered the host routing table.....nothing has worked. HTML settings are both set to yes.
    Did you resend the serivce from the BIS? if not send from there, this should resove the HTML issue. Remeber, only new emails will be HTML

Bis address is BlackBerry Internet Service If you cannot get in call VZW 800-922-0204 and have their techs resend them for you
    03-01-09 11:11 AM
    I just installed v4.5 and before I could get HTML email to work I had to deleted and recreate all my internet email addresses. If your Dad is part of a corporate network using a BES server I expect that there is a setting in the BES that needs to be turned on.
    After you deleted and recreated your email accounts did it start to auto download your pictures or do you still have to use the "get images" features?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 01:00 PM
    Sorry... I still have to "get pictures". I understand the issue but I find it cumbersome as well.
    03-01-09 04:44 PM
    All in name of safety. only embeded pictures in an email will show otherwise it get image
    03-01-09 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD