Hello all...

This is my first post on Crackberry, but have used it for tons of info in the past... thanks for all the help thus far!

I got an 8520 from T-mobile after going through 6 or more 83xx's due to trackball issues. I gotta say, the trackpad is a godsend.

My issue is my new 8gb micro SDHC card. I have ready through all the other posts and have ensured I am running the phone OS v4.6.1.259 (which per one of the moderators posts supports 8gb capacity micro sdhc cards).

I have pulled the battery out for a hard reset also. I tried popping it into one of the micro sd adapters to fit in my dig. camera but it does NOT work in the camera.

On the phone - When I choose to format it, it tells me "Media Card Format Failed". When I hook the phone up via USB a new storage drive shows up in My Computer (I, but it says there is "No Disk in the drive". It says the same thing when I try to format it from there.

Has anyone else had issues with the 8520 and Micro SD cards? I am not sure what else to try before finally saying "its a bad card" and getting a new one. Thanks in advance.

-Dave
    09-09-09 02:04 PM
    I think you've exhausted all your options.

If your 8520 and PC won't recognise it, then it's finally time to admit...
    you have a bad card, get a new one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 02:26 PM
    I was thinkin the same thing probably need a new card. When I got my blackberry I had to re format the card on my computer so it would work on my blackberry. But the computer was recognizing the card

09-09-09 02:37 PM
    Well newegg is going to send me a new one for free and said I can just throw mine away. I think I'll hold onto it for a bit and see if I can get it to work.. afterall - 2 8gb cards > 1 8gb card

Anyone have any ideas of how I can further troubleshoot this? I am not a pro on Micro SD cards so I dont know what other cards readers might be out there to try and make it work.

Thanks again.
    09-09-09 02:43 PM
    I was thinkin the same thing probably need a new card. When I got my blackberry I had to re format the card on my computer so it would work on my blackberry. But the computer was recognizing the card

Did you view the card on your computer while it was in the blackberry and connected via usb cable?? I don't have one of those SD slots on my laptop and was trying to view the card on my PC while it was in the blackberry - I was thinking of trying to view it on the computer to see if the card works when NOT inserted into the blackberry...
    09-09-09 02:47 PM
    Mine was in a card reader that I inserted in the computer, not in the blackberry

09-09-09 03:39 PM
    If you can, put the "defective" card in a card reader and then insert the card reader into your computer. Then click on "My Computer" (obviously Windows procedure) and locate the drive letter that represents the card reader and card (maybe E: or F:, etc).

Right click on the drive representing the card and choose "Format" (another dialog box will open). Then click the box "Quick Format" then "Start".

That may work. If it doesn't try unclicking the Quick Format box and Start again.

It's worth a try.
    09-11-09 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD