Hey yall, I had to replace my curve last week due to some speaker issues, and I think I am having a problem with the refurbished one I was given. Here is the situation, I use bbm very frequently to talk to one person, and use text messaging to talk to a lot of other people. I know bbm has been having some problems recently, but it seems like it takes forever to send/receive messages. Sometimes I send a message but it doesn't go through for anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour. It doesn't always happen, but it happens enough to be incredibly annoying. The problem is that the person I am talking to says that they only have this problem with me. They have many more bbm contacts than I do, and say that I am the only person that they have this problem with. Everyone else they chat with never has any delay in sending or receiving messages. It also seems to me that text messages do not go through as quickly as they did on my old curve. Does this sound like a problem with my phone? If so, is it something that I can fix myself or should I go back to Verizon and request another refurb? Thanks in advance.
    -z
    09-02-09 11:46 PM
    Try a battery pull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 05:58 AM
    or a barrel roll.
    09-03-09 06:15 AM
    Whyyyy did you get a refurb?! Lol.
    09-03-09 12:25 PM
    What VER BBM are you using ???

09-03-09 12:34 PM
    It could be several issues. 1 you could have a weak signal with the tower and therefore data transfer is slower. 2 bbm service is just running slow as it did a couple of weeks ago 3 you need to reboot your phone (battery pull). 4 your phones' OS is having issues.

If everything else on your phone is working properly then more than likely its not the OS.

Just some thoughts to consider.

Oo. And sms messages do not use data which is why you can send a sms message when bbm won't work.

09-03-09 12:36 PM
    Thanks for the responses, and to address some of them, I have done multiple battery pulls and the problem remains, getting a refurb was the only option, I am using whatever bbm version is the most current one from verizon, and my os is 4.5.0.138, also from verizon. Bad service is most likely not the problem since I always have pretty good reception, and data speeds in other applications are fine. I would assume that bbm being weird is the issue but like I said earlier, other people I talk to do not have the delay problem that I seem to be having. Is it something that I should just ignore and expect to resolve itself when bbm returns to its normal state or should I go back to vzw?
    -z
    09-03-09 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD