quick question- long-time treo user and just got the 8330. very happy so far, but i really don't like the "messages" (mailbox icon) holding everything (missed calls, email from my 3 email accts, texts, voicemail notification). is there a way to specify what goes into the "messages" area? really all i want is the sms texts to go in there. everything else is duplicated in other areas (missed calls go into call log, emails go into separate accounts, voicemail icon shows up on phone).

if this can't be done, how do you recommend managing it? i hate seeing i have 15 unread messages in this folder.

also, i need to download blackberry desktop sw- what is the best version to download? i see there's a 4.7 but don't know if it supports the 8330. thanks

jason
    06-18-09 01:31 PM
    Here is what I recommend. Seperate your sms by going to messages>menu>options>general options>sms and email inoxes: SEPERATE. That will send your sms to that folder. Now your general MESSAGES folder is like a catch all so it will still have your emails there. To fix this you can hide your general message folder by highlighting it and selecting menu>hide. To get it off your screen you will need to make sure that show all is not checked, if it is the icon will still appear on the screen. Hope this helps...
    06-18-09 01:37 PM
    thanks iceman. just for clarity- once i "separate" the sms, where do the texts go? if i hide the "messages" icon i just want to know where to find the texts when they come in.

thanks again.
    06-18-09 01:57 PM
    thanks iceman. just for clarity- once i "separate" the sms, where do the texts go? if i hide the "messages" icon i just want to know where to find the texts when they come in.

thanks again.
    Your welcome anytime. Once you seperate sms you will get an icon specifically for them. They will no longer appear in MESSAGES folder. But under SMS/MMS...
    06-18-09 02:02 PM
    Actually this is not quite right - everything still goes into the messages folder.

As for your other question, DM 4.7 gives folks a lot of headaches, so it's recommended to use 4.6, without Media Manager, which is a memory hog and doesn't work all that well.
    06-18-09 02:39 PM
    Actually this is not quite right - everything still goes into the messages folder.

As for your other question, DM 4.7 gives folks a lot of headaches, so it's recommended to use 4.6, without Media Manager, which is a memory hog and doesn't work all that well.
    Sorry but if you seperate sms from emails sms does NOT go into messages. It goes in sms/mms. Now everything else WILL go into MESSAGES like I said before but texts will not, thats's the whole reason for SEPERATING them.
    06-18-09 02:42 PM
    Sorry but if you seperate sms from emails sms does NOT go into messages. It goes in sms/mms. Now everything else WILL go into MESSAGES like I said before but texts will not, thats's the whole reason for SEPERATING them.
    OOPS you're right Iceman, I misremembered there. Sorry.
    06-19-09 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD