1st post..

My boss has an issue with his BB curve (firmware v4.2.289). We're using a BES. When he tries to delete emails from prior to a certain date, say July 10, the emails stay on the BB. He tries to delete the message, the small window "delete item?" show up, hits delete but the messages stays there.

Emails beyond that date (July 10) can be deleted with no issues at all.

Anyone with a solution to this? Already tried taking the battery off and same issue.

Alain
    09-06-07 12:51 PM
    help! anyone??
    09-07-07 09:14 PM
    In Outlook (or whatever email client he uses) have they deleted there?

Either way, try a battery pull (remove the battery while the device is on), then after about a minute, put it back in. Once the device is back up and running, check the emails. If they have NOT deleted, try doing the delete prior again...
    09-07-07 09:23 PM
    I have the same problem on my 8830, so if anyone has any other ideas, I'd like to know. I've tried everything I can think of including several battery pulls, filing the messages, deleting prior to a date.
    09-20-07 06:03 PM
    I only got to try possible solutions as it was only yesterday that my boss gave his BB curve.

I did manage to fix it. It probably was a corrupted view. What I did was simple:

1. Backup the BB using Desktop Manager.
    2. Delete the messages db on the BB device.
    3. Copy back the messages from backup to the BB.

After doing this I could now delete the same messages. Weird but it worked.

Alain
    09-20-07 10:38 PM
    How did you delete the messages db?
    09-21-07 05:40 PM
    You need to select backup and restore using DM and select advanced. on the right side (device), select the messages db and click clear.
    09-21-07 10:52 PM
    It worked for me as well- I guess you learn something new everyday, and today I learned a really cool thing! Those emails were driving me crazy (which is scary because it is such a short trip .

Thanks!!!!
    09-24-07 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD