I'm wondering if there is a way so that my mail messages don't go to both my mail messages box & the messages box where I would assume only SMS text messages would go.... can anyone help me out?
    10-02-08 04:41 PM
    Messages > Menu > Options > General > SMS and Email Inboxes: set to Separate.
    10-02-08 04:45 PM
    If you go to the Messages folder and then to options>General Options, you can separate the SMS and e-mail inboxes. Then you'll have a SMS, Messages, and the specific e-mail address folder. You can then hide the e-mail address folder if you want, and your SMS and e-mails will go into the separate boxes.
    10-02-08 04:47 PM
    I'm wondering if there is a way so that my mail messages don't go to both my mail messages box & the messages box where I would assume only SMS text messages would go.... can anyone help me out?
    In a word, No.

The "message" folder is the actual folder that all messages go into. You can go into message options and seperate your SMS and EMail folders, but all SMS will go to the SMS folder, and all Email will go to the Messages folder along with your missed calls, etc. Your voice mail notifications go to the SMS inbox if i am not mistaken.

If you have BIS service and setup your email services on the BB, then you will then get an email inbox "shortcut" for that email (each one you set up). The email will be in messages folder AND the email specific folder (shortcut).

You can either check them thru the message folder or the specific email folder and actions taken will then be applied in both folders.

You can hide the folder you do not use if you would like to, but if you choose to hide the messages folder, you may have some extra steps if you get a missed call notification and have to open to remove the icon from the home screen.
    Last edited by Ter1990; 10-02-08 at 06:47 PM. Reason: spelling
    10-02-08 06:45 PM
    You can hide the folder you do not use if you would like to, but if you choose to hide the messages folder, you may have some extra steps if you get a missed call notification and have to open to remove the icon from the home screen.
    You can always disable missed call notification so you dont have to worry about those. Just change call logging to none.
    10-02-08 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD