Hi, this is my second question thread after joining crackberry forums. But this time, I bought another Blackberry Curve 8330 PINK off of ebay after my first one showed to be defective.

This time, my question is about the menu options that come with the Blackberry Curve.

What are all of the options/icons that initially come with the Blackberry Curve when you first get it (and haven't even put it on your phone number yet)???

I'm asking because it seems like on my second BB I have fewer icons in my main menu than I did with my previous one....I'm wondering if it's because I haven't registered the ESN with my phone carrier yet or because the people who sold it to me did something to it???

I'm not sure exactly which ones I'm missing, but I know for sure that I am missing the Brickbreaker game, which bothers me because I want my BB to have everything it's supposed to have!!

So, kindly, please help me !!! Thanks advance <3
    08-23-09 10:29 PM
    If you feel like you're missing some icons from this curve, plug it into your computer and reload the OS with desktop manager. That would be the easiest way to reload all of the initial applications. BrickBreaker should be a game that is included out-of-the-box.
    08-23-09 10:34 PM
    You have to activate it to Verizon's network in order for the Browser and E-mail settings icons to appear and I think there are a few other icons that will appear after activation.
    08-23-09 10:44 PM
    Yea if the phone isn't activated some icons won't show...
    08-23-09 10:47 PM
    If the phone is used, the previous owner could have hidden some as well. Hit the menu button, select "show all".
    08-23-09 11:40 PM
    I'm new to blackberry as well. But recent noticed this on my phone if you go to the "Applications" page with all your icons and hit the menu button then click "Show all" you will see all the icons/applications that should be on your berry. Hope that helps.
    08-24-09 12:32 AM
    If you feel like you're missing some icons from this curve, plug it into your computer and reload the OS with desktop manager. That would be the easiest way to reload all of the initial applications. BrickBreaker should be a game that is included out-of-the-box.
    Ohh I see. Thanks, that sounds like a good idea I'll definitely try that.

You have to activate it to Verizon's network in order for the Browser and E-mail settings icons to appear and I think there are a few other icons that will appear after activation.
    Okay, thank goodness. I thought so, but I wasn't sure because I didn't pay attention last time. Thanks!

Yea if the phone isn't activated some icons won't show...
    Yeah, I thought so, but I wasn't sure which ones weren't showing and I just wanted to make sure.

If the phone is used, the previous owner could have hidden some as well. Hit the menu button, select "show all".
    Oh yeah, true. I tried it and two icons showed up, but not the Brickbreaker. haha Thanks.

I'm new to blackberry as well. But recent noticed this on my phone if you go to the "Applications" page with all your icons and hit the menu button then click "Show all" you will see all the icons/applications that should be on your berry. Hope that helps.
    Yeah, that's a good idea as well. I'll try that, thanks
    08-24-09 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD