Is it possible to upgrade the memory my apps are stored on? Or is there a way to have apps installed onto my sd card? Any help would be most appreciated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 07:11 PM
    For the most part your device's memory is meant for OS and apps... you should load all media on you SD card... I believe there is either something under development by a 3rd party that is trying to have app loaded to your SD card, but since I don't need it with my 8900 I'm not that interested... someone might be able to tell you what it is.

Here is a link to a Blackberry 101 lesson on helping you with increasing your free memory: How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com
    08-09-09 07:19 PM
    Is it possible to upgrade the memory my apps are stored on? Or is there a way to have apps installed onto my sd card? Any help would be most appreciated
    Are you running out of memory or just inquiring?
    08-09-09 09:03 PM
    I'm not running out yet, I do have a lot of apps tho. I'd really like to know if its possible to upgrade the device memory, cuz I'm really enjoying all the apps available on bb.

08-09-09 11:53 PM
    I don't think the device memory is an option. If you do as fatboy suggested and keep all data on the SD card that leaves a lot of open memory for app's on the device.
    I have many app's installed and still 96 mb free. If you do start to run low on space try aerize card loader app.

08-10-09 01:41 AM
    I don't think there's a way to install apps on BB's media card. 256MB is should be sufficient for about 50 apps or more. I have 34 apps installed on my device and I still have 122.5MB of free space. On occasion I would clear browser cache, do memory cleaning and clear the logs just to keep my BB fresh

08-10-09 10:16 AM
    The memory on these devices are what they are... you are not going to change this... however, depending on the size of the OS releases, which have been getting smaller, you might be able to upgrade your OS and gain a little more room with a more current OS... I still have not heard how big or small OS 5.0 is in it's early BETA version that are being tested now.
    08-10-09 10:25 AM
    I only have 9 apps on mine and am down to 92 Mb.

I've been wondering how low (memory) is too low? How low before I might start having problems?
    08-10-09 10:57 AM
    Having apps on media card would be quite difficult as it has to be "installed" - integrated with the OS. This would require the whole new approach to allow user remove card with apps w/o crashing the OS.
    08-10-09 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD