Okay... so i been seeing alot of posts about ppl having 20+ apps and having there memory up at around 125mb after a battery pull... I did a battery pull about 2hrs ago and my memory was at 106.1mb and since its dropped to 99.1mb and i only have about 12apps... What can i do to improve this?

Can a theme affect your memory while in use? Can UMA affect your memory usage? Thanks in Advance
    08-04-09 06:21 PM
    Themes are usually fairly small compared to apps... and UMA does not effect your memory.

Uninstall stuff you don't need... Texas Holdem and other games are just a few I don't use.

I have about 17 apps and usually have 119MB free right now after doing a battery pull about 24 hours ago.
    08-04-09 06:27 PM
    The amount of themes installed is a factor as well.

An active theme with lots of animated icons take up memory as well.
    08-04-09 06:50 PM
    Best thing to do to check the about of memory an app or theme takes up is to start DM... then go into Application Loader > Add/Remove Applications... then you can double check to be sure only your primary language is loaded, as well as the size of each app you have loaded.
    08-04-09 06:55 PM
    yea i'm runnin Ecruz's HTC Diamond theme... which btw its a nice theme, its on sale til 2morrow .99... so when its active i think it uses memory... for apps i only have the ones the i need... i've gotten rid of alot apps and games... i only have english and spanish downloaded... i think im doing pretty good not to overload my phone but my memory is low.
    08-04-09 07:32 PM
    Don't forget that pictures, music, ringtones and other files not saved on your mem card are sucking memory as well. Make sure everything is saved on your mem card.
    08-04-09 08:40 PM
    How are you all getting 115+ mb? If I'm lucky I get 95mb. The only app that's installed on my 8900 is google maps and quicklaunch. Everything else is on the sd card.
    08-04-09 09:52 PM
    Don't forget that pictures, music, ringtones and other files not saved on your mem card are sucking memory as well. Make sure everything is saved on your mem card.
    yea i have all my pics, music and video saved on my memory card
    08-05-09 06:46 PM
    How are you all getting 115+ mb? If I'm lucky I get 95mb. The only app that's installed on my 8900 is google maps and quicklaunch. Everything else is on the sd card.
    Thats what im saying... after a battery pull i get 106mb, within a few hours im down to 94mb

i wanna know if there's any tips on freeing up memory
    08-05-09 06:48 PM
    Thats what im saying... after a battery pull i get 106mb, within a few hours im down to 94mb

i wanna know if there's any tips on freeing up memory
    Try Blackberry 101 lesson: How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone
    08-05-09 07:00 PM
    Thanks fatboy... you've really helped alot... i really appreciate it
    08-05-09 07:53 PM
    Not a problem... there is a lot of good info in the Blackberry 101 lessons... you can find them anytime at the top of every page under "Blackberry Help"... I also have a link in my signature below.
    08-05-09 07:59 PM
    Not a problem... there is a lot of good info in the Blackberry 101 lessons... you can find them anytime at the top of every page under "Blackberry Help"... I also have a link in my signature below.
    WOW THANKS!!! That BlackBerry 101 lessons rock!! I deleted the "Help" app and now my memory is 118mb. That's the highest I've seen. Help is useless because I can always google it via wifi/edge.
    08-05-09 10:05 PM
    using crackmem + manual deletion of .cods can easily get you over 140mb with 15+ apps
    Last edited by gbsn; 08-05-09 at 10:34 PM.
    08-05-09 10:32 PM
    Does crackmen help you erase all the useless samples on your device memory?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 10:34 PM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    dont remember actually, it has the function, but in some cases it doesnt (and yep, that is running it as an administrator [pc]), but they can be easily removed manually, i do remember that i had to remove some of these files manually

net_rim_bb_medialoader_video_89xx_480x360.cod
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_480x360_b.cod

you could also take out the sample folders, sample mms templates and sample contacts pictures with by removing this one
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_480x360_b.cod

aaaaand you could remove the precision silver theme
    net_rim_theme_precision_silver_480x360_b.cod

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand you could also remove t-mo five icon libraries if you dont use them, if you do leave them there
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_100_five_icon_library.cod

ffs just download crackmem XD or i will keep going haha
    Last edited by gbsn; 08-05-09 at 10:49 PM.
    08-05-09 10:40 PM
    dont remember actually, it has the function, but in some cases it doesnt (and yep, that is running it as an administrator [pc]), but they can be easily removed manually, i do remember that i had to remove some of these files manually

net_rim_bb_medialoader_video_89xx_480x360.cod
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_480x360_b.cod

you could also take out the sample folders, sample mms templates and sample contacts pictures with by removing this one
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_480x360_b.cod

aaaaand you could remove the precision silver theme
    net_rim_theme_precision_silver_480x360_b.cod

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand you could also remove t-mo five icon libraries if you dont use them, if you do leave them there
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_100_five_icon_library.cod

ffs just download crackmem XD or i will keep going haha
    lol... cool thankx man
    08-06-09 09:44 PM
    One thing I've yet to see mentioned is: sometimes it's not how many apps you have installed; but WHAT apps you have installed.

There are many well known apps that cause memory leaks. Just to name a few: Facebook, MySpace, Viigo.

If you do a search of the forums here, you'll find many people complaining about specific apps causing memory drain. Also, apps that run in the background constantly will use memory; like some weather apps. To help with weather apps, simply go into the options of the respective app and choose an update interval of at least 60 minutes or more. The more frequently an app checks for updates etc...the more memory it will drain, and battery.
    08-06-09 11:02 PM
    using crackmem + manual deletion of .cods can easily get you over 140mb with 15+ apps
    Yep. I have quite a few apps and 156mb after getting rid of all the garbage I don't need.
    08-06-09 11:27 PM
    I use MaxMem and it gets rid of all that junk.
    08-06-09 11:29 PM
    I use MaxMem and it gets rid of all that junk.
    Do you have a link I couldn't find on the app world
    08-07-09 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD