I advise crackmem, because you can always put back stuff with ease.

Crackmem is a once thing, unless you again upgrade to a newer OS.
    OK and is it something I download on my laptop or is it OTA? Easy to do? Thanks!
    03-03-09 04:32 PM
    program on laptopdo a search for crackmem, the thread explains
    03-03-09 04:50 PM
    OK Thanks, I'll search more
    03-03-09 07:05 PM
    My Curve came with a 1 gig SD card in it. I upgraded to 8 gigs, Radio Shack has them for 20 dollars right now (san disk micro SDHC).

Anyway, my file free is a very nice 44megs.
    03-03-09 07:11 PM
    When I cleared alot from the phone I didn't want I had probably about 32mb of free use. That had like literally no apps. Now I run safely around 27ish.
    03-03-09 07:40 PM
    I have deleted the apps I won't use and right now have about 18.5MB free. Hmmm, compared to you guys that's low!
    03-03-09 07:55 PM
    When I cleared alot from the phone I didn't want I had probably about 32mb of free use. That had like literally no apps. Now I run safely around 27ish.
    Did you use Crackmem?
    03-03-09 07:56 PM
    Did you use Crackmem?
    Yes I did. I deleted the PTT from AT&T, VAD, AT&T Theme with CrackMem. I also took off some un-needed apps like Password Keeper and Notepad. I left like BBM and Brickbreaker. But I had about 32mb didn't go higher than that.
    03-03-09 08:03 PM
    Yes I did. I deleted the PTT from AT&T, VAD, AT&T Theme with CrackMem. I also took off some un-needed apps like Password Keeper and Notepad. I left like BBM and Brickbreaker. But I had about 32mb didn't go higher than that.
    OK, not sure why I'm nervous to 'mess' with my berry. Guess I need to go read about Crackmem. Hopefully it's fairly easy!
    03-03-09 08:05 PM
    it's very easy. Just don't delete things your not asposed to. Then your phone could get a little wacky.
    03-03-09 08:20 PM
    it's very easy. Just don't delete things your not asposed to. Then your phone could get a little wacky.
    Hmmmm, that's the problem...knowing what I AM supposed to delete.
    03-03-09 08:25 PM
    Well, here is the infamous thread about memory optimization

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

also if you have any questions you could feel free to ask.
    03-03-09 08:30 PM
    Thanks mbudden
    03-03-09 08:46 PM
    You're quite welcome
    03-03-09 08:49 PM
    If you read that link carefully you will be fine. I did it to my phone and got it to around the mid 30's now with the apps I like installed. Any other issues just post them. What is the file free like now?
    03-03-09 10:27 PM
    If you read that link carefully you will be fine. I did it to my phone and got it to around the mid 30's now with the apps I like installed. Any other issues just post them. What is the file free like now?
    Right now my file free is 19MB
    03-04-09 09:25 AM
    What did your remove?
    03-04-09 09:46 AM
    What did your remove?
    Just some apps that I didn't care for.....ICQ, Yahoo Chat, MSN Chat, Google Talk....also cleared my browser cache and event log. Hmmm, I think that's it.
    03-04-09 09:53 AM
    As i'm sure your read in the Memory Optimization Guide, theere's a lot more that can be removed to free up memory if you want or need to. Some things I got rid of that I did use or want are the MDS Runtime, BBM (I don't use it) Blackberry Maps, Help, Password Keeper. This will probably get you another 3MB's of memory.
    03-04-09 10:13 AM
    As i'm sure your read in the Memory Optimization Guide, theere's a lot more that can be removed to free up memory if you want or need to. Some things I got rid of that I did use or want are the MDS Runtime, BBM (I don't use it) Blackberry Maps, Help, Password Keeper. This will probably get you another 3MB's of memory.
    Yes, I did read the memory optimization guide....just really hesitant to do anything 'wrong' via Crackmem or altering the OS. It's easy enough to go to my list of apps and delete! LOL! Now that you mention it, I think I'll get rid of BB Maps too. I wish the app list would show app size too. That would really help!
    03-04-09 10:17 AM
    Yes, I did read the memory optimization guide....just really hesitant to do anything 'wrong' via Crackmem or altering the OS. It's easy enough to go to my list of apps and delete! LOL! Now that you mention it, I think I'll get rid of BB Maps too. I wish the app list would show app size too. That would really help!
    I was pretty nervous doing this. In fact, I overreached on the themes and wound up with garbage on my home screen. Fortunately all I had to do was put the default themes back. The memory guide lists sizes for some of the apps.

BB Maps 640K
    MDS Runtime 799K
    Help 160K
    03-04-09 10:30 AM
    I just deleted Maps and now I've got 20MB free...not bad
    03-04-09 10:30 AM
    wnm, is the only way to delte MDS Runtime through an OS procedure? Meaning, I guess it's not in the app list...
    03-04-09 10:31 AM
    wnm, is the only way to delte MDS Runtime through an OS procedure? Meaning, I guess it's not in the app list...
    Good question. I pretty sure when I did it it was through App Loader, and the optimization guide shows it there. Do you not see it?
    03-04-09 10:49 AM
    Good question. I pretty sure when I did it it was through App Loader, and the optimization guide shows it there. Do you not see it?
    I haven't even messed with App Loader....haven't done the optimization method...only been deleting off my app list on the device. Thanks.
    03-04-09 11:04 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD