I've deleted programs, installed a memory card, and transffered everything over to it. But still every few days my free space is nearly full and the only way I've found to get more free space is to restart by removing my battery and then putting it back in. Is there anything I'm doing wrong or is there something I should be doing that will make it so I don't have to do this a few times a week?
    03-22-09 09:12 PM
    You can try some of these and the link at the bottom is quite helpful - what is your actual file free right now? options>status

1. Delete all texts or unneeded texts and emails. People who save hundreds of texts will eventually have memory related issues.

2. Make sure you close all apps properly (menu>close) as well as move all media (ringtones, pictures, video etc) to a media card - if you dont have a media card its a good idea to get one to keep the pictures, ringtones off the device memory.

3. Clear your browser cache (browser>options>cache operations) as well as the event log........On your keypad hold down the alt key and type lglg and clear the event log (ignore the warning).

4. If you have too many themes or applications maybe cut down on a few you dont use. Facebook would be the first place I would go for an app that needed to be deleted.

Basic housecleaning is all you need to avoid this issue in the future....

Keep an eye on what applications are running hold alt & hit esc (button right of the trackball) it will show you 5. (phone, messages, bbm, home screen, browser) anything else in there is running and you should look into it.. After you complete many of these if not all - pull the battery with the phone on, wait 30 seconds, replace, when you boot back up check your new file free memory size.

This thread below will help you if you want to do even more memory optimization.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    03-22-09 09:14 PM
    Sounds like you may need to remove some third party apps or themes, etc. Are you sure that your pics, etc are being saved to your memory card and not the device memory? Here's a great link on increasing file free memory...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...le+free+memory
    03-22-09 09:16 PM
    Yeah I've read that thread, and apps that I do not use have been deleted. I usually dont keep SMS messages more than 24 hours because of this reason. When I delete SMS, MMS, or even e-mails, my free space doesnt seem to go up very much if at all. It just feels like I shouldn't have to re-start my phone to free up memory.
    03-22-09 09:25 PM
    You are right you should not, if you have followed the tips in the thread memory should never be an issue unless your overloaded on apps etc etc. What is the file free? I have nearly 20 apps and I run @ 26-28mb.....
    03-22-09 09:29 PM
    You are right you should not, if you have followed the tips in the thread memory should never be an issue unless your overloaded on apps etc etc. What is the file free? I have nearly 20 apps and I run @ 26-28mb.....
    Geez Louise! I have 3 apps and I run at 22 in the morning and by evening I'm at 18. AND I ALWAYS, ALWAYS , ALWAYS (and did I mention always?) close out everything as I go. As well as never keeping any email or texts. Not a one. Oh, and I also uninstalled the apps that came with the phone that I didn't need.

I think we got screwed by T-Mobile with the file free on the 8320s?
    03-22-09 11:15 PM
    I don't think so. After deleting as much as possible, I was in the high 20 MB's of file free. Then add in a theme, 8 apps, 5 games, and 8 web short cuts, I will have around 18 MB's after a reboot, and it may drop as low as 13 depending on how much data I have on my BB. Never keep any media in my device memory.
    03-23-09 06:58 AM
    BTW, all 83xx curves except the 8330 have the same 64 MB's of memory. The 8330 has 96 MB's.
    03-23-09 07:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD