I tried to access a website and it asked for a pin # so I entered a pin which I thought was my sonic wall VPN password (10 times) at the last attempt my phone restored to the day I bought it (nov 08). I called US Cellular and they said there is no way to restore my calendar, contacts and messages. I rely on this phone for WORK only and now I've lost everything. HELP!! PLEASE.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 08:19 PM
    Well, unless you did a back up, or a recent back up, your'e SOL and have to manually load everything you had..
    03-30-09 08:21 PM
    If you have done a backup you can restore the info you had at the backup date. If not its lost. Also if you have your contacts in outlook you can get them back on your device using the desktop manager sync.

03-30-09 08:22 PM
    Well, unless you did a back up, or a recent back up, your'e SOL and have to manually load everything you had..

Can you tell me the back up process? This whole thing is new to me so I feel lost. How do you backup and how often? Thanks for the quick response.

03-30-09 08:24 PM
    Its kinda too late now, but. you plug into DM, and advanced, then back up, it saves everything you have on your phone and settings, a back up then if yhou did this, you can restore

I do an auto back up once a week when I plug in to DM.
    03-30-09 08:26 PM
    There's no point in doing a backup now! All your info is gone and can't be retrieved! Once you get your info back, learn to do regular backups before adding apps or upgrading and so forth!

03-30-09 08:27 PM
    Its kinda too late now, but. you plug into DM, and advanced, then back up, it saves everything you have on your phone and settings, a back up then if yhou did this, you can restore

I do an auto back up once a week when I plug in to DM.
    Thanks! I appreciate it.

03-30-09 08:28 PM
    Yeah I do a routine backup once a week just to make sure...
    03-30-09 08:29 PM
    There's no point in doing a backup now! All your info is gone and can't be retrieved! Once you get your info back, learn to do regular backups before adding apps or upgrading and so forth!

Thanks. It appears that I cannot get the info back but want to know what to do in the future to prevent this from happening.

03-30-09 08:30 PM
    Regular backups, like Rachel described, and you shouldn't lose all your info again!

03-30-09 08:33 PM
    Scratch that, if you DO lose your info again, it will be there if you need it. That's what I meant to say!

03-30-09 08:34 PM
    Yeah I do a routine backup once a week just to make sure...
    I will definately do a back up every couple of days. I didn't know you could do this. It's too bad the company who sold me the phone didn't share this important info w/me. They just wanted to sell the phone and get me out the door. Oh well, too late now but I appreciate your reply.

03-30-09 08:34 PM
    Scratch that, if you DO lose your info again, it will be there if you need it. That's what I meant to say!

True. Thanks. I'm going to have the word BACKUP engraved in my skull!! :-)

03-30-09 08:37 PM
    Backup is your friend. Set auto backup so you don't even have to think about it.
    03-31-09 06:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD