I have a problem with my Blackberry. The charge/data port does not work. I have been charging with the desktop charger which charges with the two gold tabs on the back. The big problem is I cant connect to my pc and save my contact list. I have 400 contacts and the only way I have figured out to put the numbers on the sim so I can put them in a new phone is one by one which seems to be a pain, also it will only save the phone numbers I have under the contact names no email etc... I was also having problems with the phone just turning off the radio (2 way) with no warning during a conversation. I went to the Sprint repair center and they told me they would have a new phone for me as they could not repair it. I have all the current software for the phone. Anyone able to help??
    06-12-10 04:31 PM
    There are 2 good options for backing up your contacts, both of them over the air syncing.

You can (if you have a gmail account) use Google Sync (m.google.com/sync) to back up your contacts and calendar, or you can use Best Buy Mobiles mIQ program which also allows for OTA backup without the need for a google account.
    06-12-10 04:33 PM
    Wow thats great. I did grab a screwdriver and pliers and bent the usb port down towards the back of the phone so the contacts in the usb plug (that i also pinched with a pliers) would make contact. I was able to backup using desktop manager! I might use the google thing also. thanx
    06-12-10 05:09 PM
    having the back up through Google Sync is always a safe bet. Can never have your contacts backed up in too many places!
    06-12-10 05:13 PM
    I found G will truncate long notes attached to contacts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 05:57 AM
    You can use the Bluetooth to make a full back-up of your phone. Getting the computer's Bluetooth to be recognized by Desktop Manager is a different story (check the forums) but it's an option you could use.
    06-13-10 08:12 AM
    Thanks for the Gmail option. I used that one also. My laptop dosent have bluetooth lol I know the stone ages.
    06-13-10 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD