What is the best way to free up some application memory? At lease once a day my phone will give me a message saying the memory is low and asks me to delete the ones I use daily. I have to clear my event log and do a soft reset to get the memory up (any where from 8.6 to 10.8mb)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-10 02:30 AM
    What is the best way to free up some application memory? At lease once a day my phone will give me a message saying the memory is low and asks me to delete the ones I use daily. I have to clear my event log and do a soft reset to get the memory up (any where from 8.6 to 10.8mb)

Have you tried the basics, such as removing all the help files, sample pictures, video, and other worthless files from the device? Have you verified that pictures you take default to the media card?

If yes, then the only other option would be start deleting apps (either built in apps or 3rd party ones) to free up memory.

What OS are you on by the way?
    12-23-10 05:07 AM
    Follow the CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig. That will help you perform sandman's suggestions and more.
    12-23-10 08:18 AM
    Have you tried the basics, such as removing all the help files, sample pictures, video, and other worthless files from the device? Have you verified that pictures you take default to the media card?

If yes, then the only other option would be start deleting apps (either built in apps or 3rd party ones) to free up memory.

What OS are you on by the way?
    I don't save any pics or vids on the device memory, just my micro sd card. I deleted all the built in apps that came on the phone that I don't use and the 3rd party ones I use every day. I'm running on 5.0.0.419

12-23-10 01:02 PM
    Here you go sic6, this will help a lot. Read the warnings for using Maxmem. Good luck.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

12-23-10 05:26 PM
    That's the same link I posted in #3.
    12-23-10 06:13 PM
    That's the same link I posted in #3.
    Sorry Jeff, I coulda sworn it wasn't there when I posted it. Guess I needed more coffee. ahh, in the sig!

Last edited by albee 1; 12-23-10 at 08:02 PM.
    12-23-10 07:57 PM
    I just realized you are posting from wap and couldn't see my sig. No problem.
    12-23-10 08:08 PM
    Now it all makes sense to me. Lol Thanks Jeff, and have a great holiday!

12-23-10 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD