Need to free up some memory did battery pull run quick pull pro do alt lglg have 3td party apps on phone beejive berry weather ubertwitter at 6 pm I am down to 9 mg start out at 12.5 I deleted themes and games just cant get that memory up there Help I have curve 8900
    01-13-10 01:07 PM
    Berryweather has been eating a lot of memory lately. I have friends that have reported as much as 30mb down in little over a day on Storm, Bold 9K, and 8900. It is worth investigating.

If you have a lot of messages on board, might send them of to an e-mail account and archive them.

Do you have a media card for pics and music installed?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 01-13-10 at 01:25 PM.
    01-13-10 01:22 PM
    I am down to 9 mg start out at 12.5 ...
    Your BlackBerry has 256 Mb of memory. After the OS and core applications are installed, you still have 100+ Mb.

Your data has first call on memory, check it at:

Options / Status. Menu / Database sizes.

Finally, we have Third Party Applications. Most have a small memory footprint, that is critical for the earlier models and very desirable for all BlackBerry apps.

When you pull the battery, all data caches (except log) are flushed. The first thing your apps will do is download and cache data. When you close out the app, BlackBerry automatic memory management will recover that memory.

IMHO, your working memory, 12.5 Mb is adaqute for normal operation, but, You should have a lot more in reserve.
    01-13-10 01:31 PM
    This may be helpful.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=34633

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 01:59 PM
    01-13-10 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD