I've had my blackberry for months now. Probably since...February or so. Everything's been more or less okay, until today.

I tried to get to my videos, when my phone froze. So I shut it down. When it turned back on, it said that an unformatted media card had been inserted. Not true. I've taken out the card, put it back in, turned it on, off, pulled out the battery, for over an hour...I've been trying and trying, but no matter what I do, it won't recognize the card that's been in there since February. It just keeps telling me to format it. Which I'd rather not doing because I have a lot of stuff on it.

WTF is going on?!
    08-29-09 05:21 PM
    Can try copying your card to your pc than format it and put everything back on, kind of a pain and not the fastest but if you did battery pull and took card out and in, I can't think of anything else to try myself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 06:23 PM
    Well, I ended up reformatting it. Not happy about it at all. My dad has the same phone, I popped my card in his, and the same error message came up. When I connected my phone to my computer, it also told me that the card wasn't formatted.

08-29-09 07:08 PM
    When I got my 8900 I had the same problem, card worked fine for a week then I had the same issue you are discribing. My PC had no problem reading it, but bb couldn't. I ended up returning it and getting a new one, but I only had it for two weeks. You might have more problems with an older one.

08-29-09 07:14 PM
    Lesson learned. If the files are too important to lose, then it should be backed up to another location (computer, another memory card, etc).

Memory cards, unfortunately, get corrupted more often than you think.

08-29-09 07:15 PM
    Just kidding..totally didn't reformat it.
    MEANT to, but oh hey! it won't reformat. Go figure.

I'm going to Verizon tomorrow because now my phone won't hold a charge either. I charged it last night, and when I woke up, it was wicked hot. My battery is now just about dead...and it's been charging for nearly 2 hours...just won't hold.
    fml.
    08-30-09 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD