Hey,

I had a quick search but couldnt really find anything relevant.

For some reason my media card has become un-detected by my curve. It has worked fine for the past month or so that i've had it and now it's just disappeared.

In Memory settings everything is switched to 'On' but the handset doesn't want to recognise the card for some reason.

I took it out and put it back in and got nothing, did a soft recent by pulling the battery and still nothing.

Starting to run out of ideas, can anyone help out at all??

Cheers, Graham
    02-23-10 09:09 AM
    Try this:

Go to Options > Memory, hit the menu button (left of trackpad) and ask for Repair. After it is finished, check if the thing is working again.

If it does not work....

Go to Options > Memory and Set Mass Storage mode to ON, save, plug to the computer and move all the stuff from the card to a folder in the HardDrive.

Unplug, go to back to Options > Memory, hit the menu button and ask to Format memory card. After it is finished, plug back to the pc and copy your files back in.
    02-23-10 10:24 AM
    thanks for the quick reply,

I tried to do the repair thing but theres no option to repair, just says "A media card is not presently inserted in the device"

When i hit Menu all that comes up is....

Help
    Select
    Save
    Switch Application
    Close

Tried the other thing as well but when i plug it into the computer it still doesnt find the media card, just detects that the phone has been plugged in.

Any other ideas?!

Cheers
    02-23-10 11:39 AM
    Are you sure the card is properly installed in the 8520? Does it work with other cards?

Use a card reader or another kind of device to remove your stuff of the card and format it. Then try putting it on the 8520 (it should say "Memory card inserted" or something).
    02-23-10 12:30 PM
    This happened to my fiancé and I tired everything known to man we just had to buy him another one

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-23-10 06:28 PM
    Sounds like your media card could be defective or damaged. I would just get a new media card. As cheap as they are it is not worth the headache. I have already had issues with one memory card and bought another one since I couldn't get it to work properly. No more troubles after that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 11:31 PM
    thanks for the replies, im gonna take it to the shop and see what they can do for me, the phone is only a month old, cheers
    02-24-10 07:38 AM
    thanks for the replies, im gonna take it to the shop and see what they can do for me, the phone is only a month old, cheers
    Just to close, what happened next, as i am getting exactly the same problem, tried 3 different cards, no good,
    ''A media card is not presently inserted in the device'' is all i get.
    07-01-10 09:50 AM
    Your media card just needs to be reformatted. Like diegonei suggested earlier.
    07-01-10 01:16 PM
    Your media card just needs to be reformatted. Like diegonei suggested earlier.
    Thanks, but the phone does not recognise that there is a memory card inserted hence : ''A media card is not presently inserted in the device'' so i am unable to format the card, in the phone, i have reformatted on my pc ok, but still does not work in the phone.
    07-01-10 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD