I purchased a Lexar 1GB Mobile MicroSD card and installed it in my curve. Everytime I tried to format the card got message that format failed. I've removed the card and reinstalled it several times. Apparently my curve sees to card but I can't format it. Help!!!!!
    06-11-07 02:00 PM
    I purchased a Lexar 1GB Mobile MicroSD card and installed it in my curve. Everytime I tried to format the card got message that format failed. I've removed the card and reinstalled it several times. Apparently my curve sees to card but I can't format it. Help!!!!!
    Does it really need to be formatted? If the BB Curve sees it already, then why not just try downloading or moving a media file on to it?
    06-11-07 02:21 PM
    When I go to the "media card" under "options", I get this message:

Media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted.

To me, that means that the memory card needs to be formatted, but when I try to format the card, I get the message mentioned earlier: "Media Card Format Failed"

Thanks - the BB is all new to me coming from an old motorola flip phone.
    06-11-07 02:44 PM
    similar issue, not the same model, bottom line its a berry, read through this and try all the steps that were suggested they might help

8830 can't read SD card
    06-11-07 04:40 PM
    Is there a special "format" for a media card to be used in a BB? If so, how do I format the media card on my pc to use in my BB? Sorry, I really am new to this BB thing. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks
    06-11-07 06:52 PM
    Connect it to your pc. Double click on My Computer, for that drive, rightclick on it, format...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-07 06:57 PM
    I brought the Lexar card back and purchased a SanDisk 1GB card, put it in the phone, replaced the battery and voila, without any further action on my part my BB recognized the card and all is well. Guess it was a bad media card. Whatever, it now works. Thanks again to the ones that replied.
    06-11-07 08:45 PM
    Great, am glad this is resolved...
    06-12-07 04:42 AM
    Connect it to your pc. Double click on My Computer, for that drive, rightclick on it, format...

When I connect the 4mb sd card to my PC it tells me that the card is not formatted I click OK and the it comes back and says that "Windows was unable to complete the format".

theis is the second one I have tried.
    04-19-09 10:12 AM

To me, that means that the memory card needs to be formatted, but when I try to format the card, I get the message mentioned earlier: "Media Card Format Failed"

Thanks - the BB is all new to me coming from an old motorola flip phone.
    OK, here is what I got. Media card was working fine, no probs, pics, vids, all of that. Plugged in the USB to my PC to download pics, still ok. Un plugged the USB anf later tried to take a vid. No Joy! Said my card wasn't formatted, could not be read. tried to format and failed, could not format.
    Plugged it back into my PC useing USB, pop up (as usual) came up on my phone screen "Do you want to turn on mass storage mode? you might not be able to addess some media files in this mode". So I turned it on.
    Now all is well. Card is working just as well as it was before the fupaw! pics, vids, and shows 7.4gig installed. Whereas before it was all dead. no info nothin.
    Hope this helps.
    08-02-09 09:55 PM
    Hello.
    I Am Hafiz ZOHIAB Ali From Pakistan
    I Am BlackBerry 8300 Cruve User
    I purchased a Lexar 4GB Mobile MicroSD card and installed it in my curve.

Plz Help Me
    10-06-09 12:03 AM
    ugh same here!! ah! my media card isnt formatting, not being read, and worst of all: not working :/
    12-14-09 08:07 PM
    I had a similar problem two weeks ago. It started when my 8320 froze. The trackball would not work. I finally took my 'berry to Cincinnati Bell. They gave me a new one and installed my sim card and my 8 gig SanDisk in the new phone. It worked sporadically. Some functions came back, others went out. I reformatted my 8 gig twice, no function. All of the freezing and function bingo ceased when I put my old San Disk 2 gig card in the phone, then it acted like a champ. I ran around and wiped the phone, put the latest OS and my data back along with the old 8 gig sd card and still I got the sporadic function problems and freezes except when I put in the old 2 gig card.

The bottom line: my 8 gig sd card was bad. I asked if that happened very often. *eye bounce* "Happens more than you might think." I replaced the card and things have been humming every since. You might want to give that a try. Replace the card you have in there with a new card and see what happens. If you don't just happen to have a spare card lying around, take the card out and go with the little amount of memory which comes with the phone. If your phone works well when the card is out, it's the card. You got a bad one. Not the end of the world but annoying. Good luck.
    12-14-09 08:15 PM
    ha well thanks, i'll just take it to the shop & see what happens; they'll fix it, hopefully
    12-14-09 08:25 PM
    So I've been googling "how to format blackberry curve media card" and never succeeded finally fomatting it.

Yes I've gone to the Media Card option in my setting and pressed format card. My phone just froze and it didn't do anything.

Yes I've also tried to connect my phone in my desktop computer and laptop, clicked format, and it says "WARNING: Formatting will erase all the date in this disk, to format click ok, to cancel click cancel.

I've done it several times and none seems to work.

01-09-10 12:43 PM
    theres a solution!

BATTERY PULL!

i literally spent a whole 2hrs of my life trying to format it in a million diff ways which didn't work. so i just decided to "what the h*** f*** it" and pulled the battery. after that i just formatted it on my blackberry and didn't believe my eyes, it worked!!!!
    03-23-10 02:54 PM
    well I wanted ot add to this incase it sparks up any other ideas... I have been having lots of issues latley .. every since I cracked my screen ( both cover plate screen and lcd screen) I have been plagued with the dreaded voice dialing comming on over and over again ... then when I got that to stop .. my phone no longer recognized my Sd card. I tried the reformat from the phone and nothing. then checked it in my PC and everything was working fine on the card so I backed up the stuff on my card and reformated it. and still nothing .. I put my wifes SD card in my phone and it wont recognize it either. I really cant think of anything else to do so I guess Imma have to Craigslist another BB
    04-28-10 03:47 PM
    ok

I have tried Battery pull outs and formatting with my computer,
    and i still get the message that my card is not formatted from my BB

I have also wiped my BB in case there was an app that was interfering with the formatting

even when i format it though my computer the card is still not visible to the BB phone

i have no where else to turn
    i feel i have tried everything

my phone model is an 8330 with telus

the card used to work on this phone yet it doesn't any more

HELP!
    08-19-10 10:24 PM
    Come on I can't believe no one has found a solution for this problem yet!!! I'm going crazy hereee

my problem (once again, just to be extremely clear): I removed my media card because I needed to repair my BB (something with the keyboard) and they just cleaned it (no changes to the software), and now I inserted my media card again and it's not working... It says "Media card cannot be read. Verify that the memory card is formatted".... so I tried to format it and it says: "Media Card Format Failed". Neither bb desktop software nor windows explorer can recognize it. I have formatted it with the adapter in my laptop and tried it out in another bb (where it worked!)... now I bought another micro sd card and I just wasted my money because it still doesn't work in my bb (again, it works in another bb).
    I just hope someone has found a solution for this...
    Last edited by nxpa76; 10-23-10 at 08:04 PM.
    09-13-10 06:41 PM
    I installed a 2 GB media card and the my BB won't reboot. It says its verfying security software and the blue line gets to 68%. Then the BB goes black and turns back on and does it all over again. MY 1 GB doesn't work anymore.
    03-07-11 09:47 PM

my computer is a mac how do i do it then?
    07-10-11 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD