First time I've ever had this displayed:

"A Media Card has been inserted that contains encrypted content which will be unaccessible by this device."

It's a 4GB SanDisk Media Card that has been in the handset for the past 3+ months and I've never had any problems at all- All of my music seems to be intact on the card; however, most of my pictures aren't visible.

I did a battery pull for the second time today and the problem is still there...

Ideas?
    07-17-09 11:45 AM
    Try this first.
    Take the battery out and the media card leave it out for about a minute and see if that clears it up.

If that doesn't work then connect your bb to your computer via USB cable and look through your files..more than likely you have a broken file that isnt getting read.
    07-17-09 11:57 AM
    Ok connect your bb to your computer using the usb cable.. Go to my computer.. right click on the blackberry drive.. click on properties.. select the tools tab.. run the error checking option as well as the defragmentation.. it should clear up any errors that may be on your media card as well as fill any holes in memory..

If that doesn't work move everything from your media card to a folder on your computer.. my computer.. right click on blackberry drive.. format.. uncheck the option "quick format".. and start.. After its finished, move everything back to your media card, and it should work fine..
    07-17-09 12:09 PM
    OK...I've tried both methods suggested (thanks- this forum is great) and I'm still getting that error...I don't know what I could have on that media card that would be considered "encrypted"????
    07-17-09 03:01 PM
    If the formatting did not work then it seems to be that you have some how "encrypted" one or several of your folders on ur media card.. You said that you cannot see some of your pictures.. Try looking at the properties of the folders in which the photos are stored..
    07-18-09 01:27 AM
    After upgrading to a 4g (from a 2g) & using it for month or more I woke up today to find "A media card has been inserted that contains errors.To correct the errors please use a disk error checking utility on a computer."
    After checking this site,I went to work>>>
    I created a folder on my desktop,dragged all my media folders over from my open media card folder (thru a card reader),formatted my card via the scroll down menu option(which was pretty quick),then dragged my media folders back over into my now clean media card folder (this made even easiler & very nice since they're all in one folder),placed the card back into my phone & everything works fine.
    Thanks to everyone in this forum.
    05-21-10 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD