it feels like the front buttons (call/menu/back/end) are loose or not lined up correctly...when i click them, it doesn't feel right...does anyone know if i can tighten it somehow? or try and replace the keyboard in general?
    07-31-09 12:41 AM
    it feels like the front buttons (call/menu/back/end) are loose or not lined up correctly...when i click them, it doesn't feel right...does anyone know if i can tighten it somehow? or try and replace the keyboard in general?
    Wobbly keyboards seem to be a common complaint. I've had a couple of different Berrys and the keyboards all had a little play in them. I think you just get used to it and live with it.

Now what I'm saying here is mild. If you are having a serious problem with a keyboard that is way out of whack, then that's a warranty issue you oughta be taking up with your carrier.
    07-31-09 12:49 AM
    I had this issue on 8900 #4, I think. Called tmo and they sent a replacement. Once they got wobbly, they would get stuck underneath the plastic housing.
    07-31-09 09:01 AM
    see my keyboard is really firm actually which is great, its just the front 4 buttons across that make an extra clicking sound when i click it once....
    07-31-09 11:08 AM
    Thats weird the front 4 are always the sturdiest and the actual keyboard made to be wobbly to handle our typing away.
    07-31-09 03:18 PM
    yeah, my friends have it and their keys are much looser than mine, im kind of used to it by now and it doesnt really bother me, but the front four keys when i even just tape it lightly it makes a click sound without pushing the button down fully im thinking of going into the att store i got it from and try to get a new phone even though its past 30 days...hopefully ill get a nice manager
    08-01-09 12:25 AM
    Send and End keys seem pretty loose and not really solid as they should be...actually pretty annoying, but ill probably just live with it unless they actually fall off. I unboxed mine so it's clearly a QC issue.

The Menu/Back rocker key is solid though, and the keyboard has a small amount of play but nothing annoying.
    Last edited by Brandon26pdx; 08-01-09 at 12:40 AM.
    08-01-09 12:38 AM
    Goodluck bro.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 12:38 AM
    I never noticed mine had play till I read the forums but mine u hace to actually wiggle them yourself if not they don't move at all. So it doesn't bother me...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 01:32 AM
    It's built that way because of the amount of pressure we force on the keys when we type away
    08-01-09 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD